URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
ttime97

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ttime97 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Congrats to Apple and Jodie!

Was very hesitant to post this..but got into Y yesterday! :oops: :lol: :D (I can't even spell out the name cause I'm afraid someone will turn around and take it back :shock: )

kenwash

Postby kenwash » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:35 pm

CONGRATS!!

BobMoses

Postby BobMoses » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

ttime97 wrote:Congrats to Apple and Jodie!

Was very hesitant to post this..but got into Y yesterday! :oops: :lol: :D (I can't even spell out the name cause I'm afraid someone will turn around and take it back :shock: )

Congrats!

I love this thread

ttime97

Postby ttime97 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Thank you!!! So happy to see so many people rockin it. :D

coolbean2013

Postby coolbean2013 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Congrats!!!!!!!

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Congrats that's a big deal!!!

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:17 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Awesomeness!! Will you be attending?

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:20 pm

toshiroh wrote:Hey y'all!!!!!

Checking in from Australia it's like 6am round these parts. Had some movement today... Well not really. Just under review at Vanderbilt. Nothing from anyone else... Lol. This cycle might be a bust for me. Emory and my regional schools are looking very good as the days go by.

Anyway, Australia has been great for the most part. Aside from me almost getting in an altercation when an Aussie screamed out during Serena's match "beat the monkey." I was already pissed because Serena was injured and losing.

Nadal/Federer tonight. Good day y'all!!!!

Did you try Vegemite?

And I saw that match with Ivanovic. Serena was totally injured. I think she claimed a back injury. That said, I am happy to see Cibulkova in her first final. I want to see her win it all.

And I am praying for an all-Swiss men's final. I heart Stan the man!

DPhoenix

Postby DPhoenix » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Congrats!!! That's wonderful.

EvMont

Postby EvMont » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:34 pm

AAJD2B wrote:

Checking in from Australia it's like 6am round these parts. Had some movement today... Well not really. Just under review at Vanderbilt. Nothing from anyone else... Lol. This cycle might be a bust for me. Emory and my regional schools are looking very good as the days go by.

Anyway, Australia has been great for the most part. Aside from me almost getting in an altercation when an Aussie screamed out during Serena's match "beat the monkey." I was already pissed because Serena was injured and losing.

Did you try Vegemite?

And I saw that match with Ivanovic. Serena was totally injured. I think she claimed a back injury. That said, I am happy to see Cibulkova in her first final. I want to see her win it all.

Hope you've had a great time, Tosh!

I <3333 Stan! RF not so much.

applelover

Postby applelover » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Thank you and congratulations to you too.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:43 pm

EvMont wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:

Did you try Vegemite?

Ev, I didn't know you were a tennis fan!!! Yay!!!

Wow @ not liking RF so much. I guess you're rooting for a Rafa win. :mrgreen:

applelover

Postby applelover » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:48 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
applelover wrote:Haha thanks!! We need another PW soon.

+1 We really do. But some still can't post pics yet

I got a weave, so I look slightly different now.

applelover

Postby applelover » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:52 pm

I still haven't submitted this SEO app yet. :(

EvMont

Postby EvMont » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:56 pm

applelover wrote:I still haven't submitted this SEO app yet. :(

Whatcha waitin' for?

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 pm

applelover wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
applelover wrote:Haha thanks!! We need another PW soon.

+1 We really do. But some still can't post pics yet

I got a weave, so I look slightly different now.

I took another pic the other day just in case we did do another pw. But I don't have on one of my infamous dress shirts and ties like I usually do :cry:

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:59 pm

I had a question about this whole SEO app process. Do you usually have to wait on what school you decide on going to before you submit or choose the location? Is that why you haven't submitted yet?

EvMont

Postby EvMont » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:59 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
EvMont wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:

Did you try Vegemite?

Ev, I didn't know you were a tennis fan!!! Yay!!!

Wow @ not liking RF so much. I guess you're rooting for a Rafa win. :mrgreen:

I am a fan and really happy about so many people ITT being fans, too :D And yes, Rafa all the way! :mrgreen:

Also, I'm a little surprised no one's been talking about Mr. Richard Sherman here. I feel like that's the ONLY thing in my FB newsfeed.

EvMont

Postby EvMont » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:03 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:

I had a question about this whole SEO app process. Do you usually have to wait on what school you decide on going to before you submit or choose the location? Is that why you haven't submitted yet?

You definitely don't have to wait till you decide and you probably shouldn't since the final deadline is 2/15. I just picked locations I was familiar with and ones I might want to work in after law school. I also don't think these choices are set in stone.

applelover

Postby applelover » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:05 pm

EvMont wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:

You definitely don't have to wait till you decide and you probably shouldn't since the final deadline is 2/15. I just picked locations I was familiar with and ones I might want to work in after law school. I also don't think these choices are set in stone.

There was that one question about why I was applying and I was unsure how I wanted to answer it. So, I told myself I would go back to it, and I kind of just forgot about it.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:09 pm

EvMont wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:

Oh okay...Thank you for clearing that up for me. I will start on that app ASAP then

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 pm

EvMont wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:

+1 on this.

Speaking of SEO, I need to do a thorough research on all the affiliated firms, specifically those that specialize in my interests. Any invitees traveling to their interview location? Securing an interview slot is the hardest. I'm surprised they schedule interviews around the clock!

So anxious but excited about this interview...

Futuregohan14

Postby Futuregohan14 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:21 pm

wow
many activity
such results
much excite
so progress
URM winning cycle thread

about SEO
I've been thinking too
decided against it
already have job anyway

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Did you just say you that you got into Y... as in YALE? <----- I think we have a winner. That's a BFD!!

Just wait until I get to gif status... that one deserves the best. Congratulations.

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
EvMont wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:

Oh okay...Thank you for clearing that up for me. I will start on that app ASAP then

If ya'll don't hurry up and apply! Lol.
I'm interviewing with them pretty soon.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”