URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:26 pm

mac2013 wrote:
abdcefjj wrote:Hello Everyone!
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've known about this site since my first year of undergrad, and I thought that most of the people on it were the kind of elitist, arrogant pompous a--holes that dominated my PoliSCi classes and made me so loath to apply to law school in the first place, lol. I also had some bad experiences with online college forums in high school that made me swear off them for a long-ass time. But then I found the URM threads. Y'all are alright, lol. I def wouldn't have put in a couple of apps in some places were it not for some of the stats I found on here, so thanks!

I'm hard-core interested in social justice and Left lawyering, and especially critical legal studies and critical race theory, so if anyone wants to talk about that PM me and we can discuss ish.

But now the stuff y'all actually care about, lol:

167/3.67

Applied late October/early November:
Berkeley (in)
NYU (in)
Northeastern (in)
Georgetown (in)
Duke (in)
UCLA (in)

Waiting on:
Harvard (had JS1 earlier this month)
Columbia
Stanford

I was gonna wait until the cycle was over to post stuff, but why not join the party now?


Congrats! Hopefully you get that JS2!

I got the acceptance call from UPenn today, complete mid-november. I am hoping some schools start releasing scholarships soon since that will be a big decision maker for me.


Congrats Mac2013 on the Penn call and acceptance today!!!

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:28 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:Waitlisted at Chicago via email. :shock: Didn't think I would even get that


+1

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:Waitlisted at Chicago via email. :shock: Didn't think I would even get that


+1


Still an accomplishment!

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Congrats Mac2013 on your Penn acceptance!!

User avatar
Quan292
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Quan292 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:28 pm

abdcefjj wrote:Hello Everyone!


I'm hard-core interested in social justice and Left lawyering, and especially critical legal studies and critical race theory, so if anyone wants to talk about that PM me and we can discuss ish.

?


I'm into the same things so we shud def discuss one day. Also congrats on all of the acceptances.

abdcefjj
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby abdcefjj » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:02 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
abdcefjj wrote:Hello Everyone!

Welcome,

What URM are you?



I'm black. I started lurking TLS hella hard after I found out about my Harvard interview in December. Man I envy my attitude back then! I didn't even think about Harvard until I got the email about the interview. And of course now I really want to go and am freaking out about it, lol. As someone who wants to do legal aid, a loan repayment program as generous as theirs would be hard to pass up.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:18 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:Waitlisted at Chicago via email. :shock: Didn't think I would even get that


Congrats, Pied! Did you interview?


Thank you. And no interview. That is why I am shocked. I honestly thought I was going to get dinged flat out.


That's great man. Looks like you caught their eye either way!


+1

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Anyone have a SEO interview coming up and have still not been given the location?

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 pm

abdcefjj wrote:Hello Everyone!
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've known about this site since my first year of undergrad, and I thought that most of the people on it were the kind of elitist, arrogant pompous a--holes that dominated my PoliSCi classes and made me so loath to apply to law school in the first place, lol. I also had some bad experiences with online college forums in high school that made me swear off them for a long-ass time. But then I found the URM threads. Y'all are alright, lol. I def wouldn't have put in a couple of apps in some places were it not for some of the stats I found on here, so thanks!

I'm hard-core interested in social justice and Left lawyering, and especially critical legal studies and critical race theory, so if anyone wants to talk about that PM me and we can discuss ish.

But now the stuff y'all actually care about, lol:

167/3.67

Applied late October/early November:
Berkeley (in)
NYU (in)
Northeastern (in)
Georgetown (in)
Duke (in)
UCLA (in)

Waiting on:
Harvard (had JS1 earlier this month)
Columbia
Stanford

I was gonna wait until the cycle was over to post stuff, but why not join the party now?


What's UP!? Apparently the party's just starting! Congrats on the cycle thus far!

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Congrats to PiedPiper and Mac on the decisions today.

Shout out to FutureGohan (who hasn't posted in ages lol):

wow
such tuesday
many movement
very friendly
wow

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Meanwhile....over at the University of Michigan http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... _of_m.html

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:Meanwhile....over at the University of Michigan http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... _of_m.html


And Michigan happens to be one of my top choices in the T 14 smh.

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Thanks everyone for the support!!! :D

mac2013
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:59 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mac2013 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:57 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:Meanwhile....over at the University of Michigan http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... _of_m.html


Thanks for the congrats!!

Does anyone actually know someone who has gone to Michigan (who is a minority)? I would be interested to see how they feel about the school and the environment for minority students.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 am

Been reading up on that SEO thread, crazy how ppl used to have to travel to a metro area of an interview. :shock:

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BentleyLittle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 am

LSAC Troll wrote:Hey,

I see that you got your December 2013 LSAT score. Would you perhaps be able to send me the PDFs of all the 4 sections? I’m writing the February 2014 LSAT and I would love to take a peak and see as to how this test was! I don't need your answer / score sheet; just the questions will do.

Thanks a lot!

My e-mail: aldenbrown69 (at) gmail (dot) com

PS -- Reason I'm asking is... I am international (ie. outside of North America) and my parents non-US credit cards are not accepted. And it's too late to do a mail order, since I'm sitting for the Feb 2014 test in a few weeks...


I mean, what the hell is this PM? I didn't even take December. Is this what you got, zero?

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:22 am

BentleyLittle wrote:
LSAC Troll wrote:Hey,

I see that you got your December 2013 LSAT score. Would you perhaps be able to send me the PDFs of all the 4 sections? I’m writing the February 2014 LSAT and I would love to take a peak and see as to how this test was! I don't need your answer / score sheet; just the questions will do.

Thanks a lot!

My e-mail: aldenbrown69 (at) gmail (dot) com

PS -- Reason I'm asking is... I am international (ie. outside of North America) and my parents non-US credit cards are not accepted. And it's too late to do a mail order, since I'm sitting for the Feb 2014 test in a few weeks...


I mean, what the hell is this PM? I didn't even take December. Is this what you got, zero?


HAHA yeah, something similar except w/o the international pity story. Is the users name Julian_Rios?

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BentleyLittle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:29 am

Yeah with one post and everything lol I wonder if it is LSAC!

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:14 am

JodieLovesChachi wrote:Congrats to PiedPiper and Mac on the decisions today.

Shout out to FutureGohan (who hasn't posted in ages lol):

wow
such tuesday
many movement
very friendly
wow



:D

kinda miss him

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:15 am

lmao at the lsac troll. What if he.she is for real though, poor thing

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:24 am

BentleyLittle wrote:Yeah with one post and everything lol I wonder if it is LSAC!


He actually replied back!

He added the international story with the credit cards. Then suggested I create a fake email to use so I could send him the PDFs. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22779
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 am

Hi all - I've PMed Julian_Rios warning them not to solicit copyrighted materials via PM. If any of you hear any more from them, would you let me know? Thanks!

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Hi all - I've PMed Julian_Rios warning them not to solicit copyrighted materials via PM. If any of you hear any more from them, would you let me know? Thanks!


So hes real, def not LSAC?

User avatar
DPhoenix
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby DPhoenix » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm

I just received an acceptance email from Berkeley! Almost lost it at work. Honestly didn't think I'd get in.

User avatar
BobMoses
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BobMoses » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 pm

DPhoenix wrote:I just received an acceptance email from Berkeley! Almost lost it at work. Honestly didn't think I'd get in.


+1 Feeling good right now




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gbullock19, jdanz and 1 guest