URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
KingJamesLBJ

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:13 am

Dr.Zer0 wrote:Lol yup, he wanted them for free. Told him to google Cambridge LSAT and buy them from there.

loll LSAC troll for sure

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:13 pm

It's like this cycle is at a stand still :|

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:40 pm

It won't last for long. Columbia's probably going to mail out decisions later this week.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:52 pm

August Wilson wrote:It won't last for long. Columbia's probably going to mail out decisions later this week.

That might be but so many of us remain UR for some time now. I am about to celebrate my 3-month anniversary at UVA in two days. Some schools haven't even begun review of apps though complete for two weeks and counting. A complete slugfest.

EvMont

Postby EvMont » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:08 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
August Wilson wrote:It won't last for long. Columbia's probably going to mail out decisions later this week.

That might be but so many of us remain UR for some time now. I am about to celebrate my 3-month anniversary at UVA in two days. Some schools haven't even begun review of apps though complete for two weeks and counting. A complete slugfest.

Lolz!!! AA, you're too funny.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Columbia is such a reach for me I can't even bring myself to care. I would love to hear from UVA but the whole interview before acceptance thing is going to delay that until infinity and beyond.

Meh. I would even be happy to hear about scholly from somewhere but even that's going to be a few weeks.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:11 pm

I just checked my William and Mary status checker and I am held for further review.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:13 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:I just checked my William and Mary status checker and I am held for further review.

The same thing happened with me at William and Mary as well back in November.

abdcefjj

Postby abdcefjj » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Hello Everyone!
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've known about this site since my first year of undergrad, and I thought that most of the people on it were the kind of elitist, arrogant pompous a--holes that dominated my PoliSCi classes and made me so loath to apply to law school in the first place, lol. I also had some bad experiences with online college forums in high school that made me swear off them for a long-ass time. But then I found the URM threads. Y'all are alright, lol. I def wouldn't have put in a couple of apps in some places were it not for some of the stats I found on here, so thanks!

I'm hard-core interested in social justice and Left lawyering, and especially critical legal studies and critical race theory, so if anyone wants to talk about that PM me and we can discuss ish.

But now the stuff y'all actually care about, lol:

167/3.67

Applied late October/early November:
Berkeley (in)
NYU (in)
Northeastern (in)
Georgetown (in)
Duke (in)
UCLA (in)

Waiting on:
Harvard (had JS1 earlier this month)
Columbia
Stanford

I was gonna wait until the cycle was over to post stuff, but why not join the party now?

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:22 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:I just checked my William and Mary status checker and I am held for further review.

So lame, considering this is the first school I am hearing from this cycle.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:27 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:

It is very lame...But I guess its better then being waitlisted or rejected since they have done that to some people on tls already.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:29 pm

abdcefjj wrote:Hello Everyone!
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've known about this site since my first year of undergrad, and I thought that most of the people on it were the kind of elitist, arrogant pompous a--holes that dominated my PoliSCi classes and made me so loath to apply to law school in the first place, lol. I also had some bad experiences with online college forums in high school that made me swear off them for a long-ass time. But then I found the URM threads. Y'all are alright, lol. I def wouldn't have put in a couple of apps in some places were it not for some of the stats I found on here, so thanks!

I'm hard-core interested in social justice and Left lawyering, and especially critical legal studies and critical race theory, so if anyone wants to talk about that PM me and we can discuss ish.

167/3.67

Berkeley (in)
NYU (in)
Northeastern (in)
Georgetown (in)
Duke (in)
UCLA (in)

Waiting on:
Columbia
Stanford

I was gonna wait until the cycle was over to post stuff, but why not join the party now?

Congrats on your acceptances!!! That is a big deal. And welcome to the party. I promise we are all pretty chill people ITT.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:38 pm

We are the best of TLS.
Congrats on the acceptances.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:38 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:

Same thing happened to me. I still think you'll be fine after this lull we are all experiencing.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:44 pm

okaygo wrote:

We are the best of TLS.

+1 Congrats

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:45 pm

okaygo wrote:
Same thing happened to me. I still think you'll be fine after this lull we are all experiencing.

Yeah, I do remember that! I will keep it together and just wait it out then :D

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:55 pm

I really just want to hear back from NYU and Cornell at this point, rejection or otherwise. It's been 3+ months -_-

/vent
Last edited by californiauser on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coolbean2013

Postby coolbean2013 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:58 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
okaygo wrote:

We are the best of TLS.

+1 Congrats

Cocoblues

Postby Cocoblues » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:59 pm

167/3.67

Berkeley (in)
NYU (in)
Northeastern (in)
Georgetown (in)
Duke (in)
UCLA (in)

Waiting on:
Columbia
Stanford

That's a nice sweep!! Congrats and welcome!!

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:04 pm

167/3.67

Berkeley (in)
NYU (in)
Northeastern (in)
Georgetown (in)
Duke (in)
UCLA (in)

Waiting on:
Columbia
Stanford

Welcome,

What URM are you?

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Waitlisted at Chicago via email. :shock: Didn't think I would even get that

BentleyLittle

Postby BentleyLittle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:00 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:Waitlisted at Chicago via email. :shock: Didn't think I would even get that

Congrats, Pied! Did you interview?

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:Waitlisted at Chicago via email. :shock: Didn't think I would even get that

Thank you. And no interview. That is why I am shocked. I honestly thought I was going to get dinged flat out.

mac2013

Postby mac2013 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:24 pm

167/3.67

Berkeley (in)
NYU (in)
Northeastern (in)
Georgetown (in)
Duke (in)
UCLA (in)

Waiting on:
Columbia
Stanford

Congrats! Hopefully you get that JS2!

I got the acceptance call from UPenn today, complete mid-november. I am hoping some schools start releasing scholarships soon since that will be a big decision maker for me.

BentleyLittle

Postby BentleyLittle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:26 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:

Thank you. And no interview. That is why I am shocked. I honestly thought I was going to get dinged flat out.

That's great man. Looks like you caught their eye either way!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”