URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby wlee1220 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:24 am

californiauser wrote:
DPhoenix wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
californiauser wrote:For us Penn wait listers, Penn admitted two URMs off the wl late last cycle with $$, so all hope is not lost.


What were their numbers, race, and gender? Do you happen to know?


http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Blackman87


and

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/HurricaneA


Wasn't Blackman87 the one who wrote that blog? And this cycle really has gotten strange as hell. I have 2 AA male friends, both with 3.9+ GPA and 170 LSAT, one got into GW and the other rejected.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Nova » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:27 am

wlee1220 wrote: I have 2 AA male friends, both with 3.9+ GPA and 170 LSAT, one got into GW and the other rejected.

Musta been YP

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:30 am

AAJD2B wrote:
californiauser wrote:For us Penn wait listers, Penn admitted two URMs off the wl late last cycle with $$, so all hope is not lost.


What were their numbers, race, and gender? Do you happen to know?


they just like to make it difficult

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:46 am

Nova wrote:
wlee1220 wrote: I have 2 AA male friends, both with 3.9+ GPA and 170 LSAT, one got into GW and the other rejected.

Musta been YP



or C & F

User avatar
EstebanMFernandez
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby EstebanMFernandez » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Hey guys long time no post!

Anyone get something from Yale in the mail today? I did has this cool Y cut out on the front of it.

Looking to put in one more app at a reach (H or S) but having a tough time deciding haha

but everyone seems to be posting that the cycle is getting intense for URM's so im all scared now @.@

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:34 pm

y'all I finally become complete at cornell and it only took 6 weeks.... :shock: smh!

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:54 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:y'all I finally become complete at cornell and it only took 6 weeks.... :shock: smh!


They must be working on the weekend, yes?
Crazy how long it takes to go complete. Still waiting on mine :|

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:40 am

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:y'all I finally become complete at cornell and it only took 6 weeks.... :shock: smh!


They must be working on the weekend, yes?
Crazy how long it takes to go complete. Still waiting on mine :|


Just submitted mine this week. :lol:

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:13 pm

decision dump (non-top 14 schools)!
Here are the stats/dates, for posterity. PS, I guess we're making a spreadsheet of all our information after the cycle's over?

In at University of Washington, via email:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 12/30/13
Decision: 1/17/14

In at Howard with $, via email:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete:??
Decision: 1/17/14

In at Emory with $$$, via FedEx:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/2/14
Decision: 1/20/14

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:21 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:decision dump (non-top 14 schools)!
Here are the stats/dates, for posterity. PS, I guess we're making a spreadsheet of all our information after the cycle's over?

In at University of Washington, via email:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 12/30/13
Decision: 1/17/14

In at Howard with $, via email:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete:??
Decision: 1/17/14

In at Emory with $$$, via FedEx:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/2/14
Decision: 1/20/14



Congrats!!!

I must be out at Emory because I submitted probably the exact same day.

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:decision dump (non-top 14 schools)!
Here are the stats/dates, for posterity. PS, I guess we're making a spreadsheet of all our information after the cycle's over?

In at University of Washington, via email:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 12/30/13
Decision: 1/17/14

In at Howard with $, via email:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete:??
Decision: 1/17/14

In at Emory with $$$, via FedEx:
Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/2/14
Decision: 1/20/14



Congrats!!!

I must be out at Emory because I submitted probably the exact same day.


Naaa.. You're probably still in the mail (or UR). But, who knows, they didn't have a darn tracker. :evil:

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Question: Is there any evidence that adcoms make/have made fake profiles on TLS? Sometimes I get PM's from folks asking for info and I'm wondering how circumspect I should be. Lol...

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:57 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:Question: Is there any evidence that adcoms make/have made fake profiles on TLS? Sometimes I get PM's from folks asking for info and I'm wondering how circumspect I should be. Lol...


eh i was outed before, but I'm not sure if adcoms have an account. I typically don't answer PMs from people I haven't seen in the URM thread or one of the C/O 2017 threads.

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:53 pm

applelover wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:Question: Is there any evidence that adcoms make/have made fake profiles on TLS? Sometimes I get PM's from folks asking for info and I'm wondering how circumspect I should be. Lol...


eh i was outed before, but I'm not sure if adcoms have an account. I typically don't answer PMs from people I haven't seen in the URM thread or one of the C/O 2017 threads.


Outed?? lol can you explain how

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby blackbirdfly » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:11 pm

.
Last edited by blackbirdfly on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Nova » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:14 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:Question: Is there any evidence that adcoms make/have made fake profiles on TLS? Sometimes I get PM's from folks asking for info and I'm wondering how circumspect I should be. Lol...


Congrats on your acceptances!

I can't imagine adcoms making fake accounts and sending PMS to users, though some probably lurk.

im guessing many at least read their own "class of" thread

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Nova wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:Question: Is there any evidence that adcoms make/have made fake profiles on TLS? Sometimes I get PM's from folks asking for info and I'm wondering how circumspect I should be. Lol...


Congrats on your acceptances!

I can't imagine adcoms making fake accounts and sending PMS to users, though some probably lurk.

im guessing many at least read their own "class of" thread


Makes sense. If I was an adcom, I'd go the whole nine yards. But hey... that's me. There are probably at least some imposters among us (TLS) :shock: .

Lol
KingJamesLBJ wrote:
applelover wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:Question: Is there any evidence that adcoms make/have made fake profiles on TLS? Sometimes I get PM's from folks asking for info and I'm wondering how circumspect I should be. Lol...


eh i was outed before, but I'm not sure if adcoms have an account. I typically don't answer PMs from people I haven't seen in the URM thread or one of the C/O 2017 threads.


Outed?? lol can you explain how


I'd love to hear this story some day. LOL.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Damn Jodie, someone had a good weekend. Congrats on all those acceptances!!!

In regards to fake profiles. I think LSAC def makes some, or at the very least hires ppl to scour the interwebz in search of ppl committing copyright infringement. I say this because ive been PMd twice from ppl asking for copies of LSATs I sat for. Both only had a one post history :roll:

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:31 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
applelover wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:Question: Is there any evidence that adcoms make/have made fake profiles on TLS? Sometimes I get PM's from folks asking for info and I'm wondering how circumspect I should be. Lol...


eh i was outed before, but I'm not sure if adcoms have an account. I typically don't answer PMs from people I haven't seen in the URM thread or one of the C/O 2017 threads.


Outed?? lol can you explain how


I mean it could have been just a coincidence, but I'm convinced this person reads this forum and put two and two together. I will never know for sure because I will never ask this person.

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby blackbirdfly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:12 am

.
Last edited by blackbirdfly on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:15 am

applelover wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:
applelover wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:Question: Is there any evidence that adcoms make/have made fake profiles on TLS? Sometimes I get PM's from folks asking for info and I'm wondering how circumspect I should be. Lol...


eh i was outed before, but I'm not sure if adcoms have an account. I typically don't answer PMs from people I haven't seen in the URM thread or one of the C/O 2017 threads.


Outed?? lol can you explain how


I mean it could have been just a coincidence, but I'm convinced this person reads this forum and put two and two together. I will never know for sure because I will never ask this person.


Dang thats cray

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:17 am

blackbirdfly wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:Damn Jodie, someone had a good weekend. Congrats on all those acceptances!!!

In regards to fake profiles. I think LSAC def makes some, or at the very least hires ppl to scour the interwebz in search of ppl committing copyright infringement. I say this because ive been PMd twice from ppl asking for copies of LSATs I sat for. Both only had a one post history :roll:


Same. What's up with that?



How the heck would someone get the test before its released. My proctors were so ocd about counting how many booklets they gave out and how many were turned in. They even had numbers on sticky post to match to our names

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:46 am

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:Damn Jodie, someone had a good weekend. Congrats on all those acceptances!!!

In regards to fake profiles. I think LSAC def makes some, or at the very least hires ppl to scour the interwebz in search of ppl committing copyright infringement. I say this because ive been PMd twice from ppl asking for copies of LSATs I sat for. Both only had a one post history :roll:


Same. What's up with that?



How the heck would someone get the test before its released. My proctors were so ocd about counting how many booklets they gave out and how many were turned in. They even had numbers on sticky post to match to our names


He claimed to be a Feb test taker who wanted my Dec. test. LSAC does give you a PDF copy of the test you took, w/o the experimental of course, and that's what he wanted.

Last year there was this big scandal where a TLS mod was distributing copies of Test Masters material and TLS got sued for copyright infringement.

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:01 am

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:Damn Jodie, someone had a good weekend. Congrats on all those acceptances!!!

In regards to fake profiles. I think LSAC def makes some, or at the very least hires ppl to scour the interwebz in search of ppl committing copyright infringement. I say this because ive been PMd twice from ppl asking for copies of LSATs I sat for. Both only had a one post history :roll:


Same. What's up with that?



How the heck would someone get the test before its released. My proctors were so ocd about counting how many booklets they gave out and how many were turned in. They even had numbers on sticky post to match to our names


He claimed to be a Feb test taker who wanted my Dec. test. LSAC does give you a PDF copy of the test you took, w/o the experimental of course, and that's what he wanted.

Last year there was this big scandal where a TLS mod was distributing copies of Test Masters material and TLS got sued for copyright infringement.


So instead of buying it from the sites that sell them, he wanted you to give it to him for free? lol if i have that right <<<< i dont get it because they only cost like $8

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 am

Lol yup, he wanted them for free. Told him to google Cambridge LSAT and buy them from there.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests