URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:20 pm

EvMont wrote:
No acceptances yet for me either. I think I heard or read somewhere that it's usually supposed to take 8-12 weeks from submission to decision. So, I really don't think it's time to worry just yet.


Oh hey Ev! Are you done applying ?

EvMont
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby EvMont » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
EvMont wrote:
No acceptances yet for me either. I think I heard or read somewhere that it's usually supposed to take 8-12 weeks from submission to decision. So, I really don't think it's time to worry just yet.


Oh hey Ev! Are you done applying ?


Hi! I know I've been gone FOREVER. Glad to be back, though.

Yeah, I'm basically done. I just have Yale left (shootin' for the moon and what not).

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:24 pm

EvMont wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
EvMont wrote:
No acceptances yet for me either. I think I heard or read somewhere that it's usually supposed to take 8-12 weeks from submission to decision. So, I really don't think it's time to worry just yet.


Oh hey Ev! Are you done applying ?


Hi! I know I've been gone FOREVER. Glad to be back, though.

Yeah, I'm basically done. I just have Yale left (shootin' for the moon and what not).


Oh ok cool... yeah you been MIA I was gonna message you soon. But yes, Yale,why not!?

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:14 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
EvMont wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
EvMont wrote:
No acceptances yet for me either. I think I heard or read somewhere that it's usually supposed to take 8-12 weeks from submission to decision. So, I really don't think it's time to worry just yet.


Oh hey Ev! Are you done applying ?


Hi! I know I've been gone FOREVER. Glad to be back, though.

Yeah, I'm basically done. I just have Yale left (shootin' for the moon and what not).


Oh ok cool... yeah you been MIA I was gonna message you soon. But yes, Yale,why not!?


Mandy Jay, you've been MIA too! Lol. Welcome back haha..

Just got an SEO interview invite..Can i PM anyone to ask about the interview style/what I should expect?

sassybassy
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby sassybassy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:40 pm

+1 to the SEO request. If anyone knows how the interviews go, I would appreciate the help.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:08 pm

Fellow SEO interviewees, any and everything in relation to what we can expect during an interview is in the below thread:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50541

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

EvMont wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
EvMont wrote:
No acceptances yet for me either. I think I heard or read somewhere that it's usually supposed to take 8-12 weeks from submission to decision. So, I really don't think it's time to worry just yet.


Oh hey Ev! Are you done applying ?


Hi! I know I've been gone FOREVER. Glad to be back, though.

Yeah, I'm basically done. I just have Yale left (shootin' for the moon and what not).


Hey, Ev, WB! I recant my earlier statement too. I will also be shooting an app to Yale as well. :wink:

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 am

AAJD2B wrote:Fellow SEO interviewees, any and everything in relation to what we can expect during an interview is in the below thread:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50541


Thanks much

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby wlee1220 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:36 am

I just finished all my apps....the wait yall are referring to is scaring me.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:11 am

[Redacted]
Last edited by Dr.Zer0 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby nabadgelyo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Is there a public service equivalent to SEO? It sounds like a great opportunity for an entree into biglaw. I'm just curious if any of you know of anything like it for PI-oriented folks.

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:05 pm

In at UT-Austin via phone. That awkward moment when they wait to hear your response to their acceptance... Lol.

Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

My applications finally went complete at a lot of places yesterday and today... I guess they know I'm alive now...

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:14 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:In at UT-Austin via phone. That awkward moment when they wait to hear your response to their acceptance... Lol.

Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

My applications finally went complete at a lot of places yesterday and today... I guess they know I'm alive now...


Jodie, we are twins! I got the call from Texas today as well :D
Sent: 12/30/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

Also got accepted to my regional T30 with a fully scholly!

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby kenwash » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:17 pm

CONGRATS to you and Jodie!!!

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:19 pm

coolbean2013 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:In at UT-Austin via phone. That awkward moment when they wait to hear your response to their acceptance... Lol.

Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

My applications finally went complete at a lot of places yesterday and today... I guess they know I'm alive now...


Jodie, we are twins! I got the call from Texas today as well :D
Sent: 12/30/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

Also got accepted to my regional T30 with a fully scholly!


That's crazy. Congrats, esp that full scholly!
I sort of kept waiting for UT to say something about fin aid... are they not gonna offer any, or does that come later?

User avatar
August Wilson
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby August Wilson » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:22 pm

CONGRATS JODIE AND BEAN!!

Image

also yeahhhh I can post pictures now.

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:25 pm

August Wilson wrote:CONGRATS JODIE AND BEAN!!

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-conte ... qguhbg.gif

also yeahhhh I can post pictures now.


Lol. Thanks Ken and August.

By the time I'll be able to post pics, the cycle'll be over. smh. #firstworldproblems

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:26 pm

August Wilson wrote:CONGRATS JODIE AND BEAN!!

Image

also yeahhhh I can post pictures now.



Congrats you two!!!!!

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:27 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
August Wilson wrote:CONGRATS JODIE AND BEAN!!

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-conte ... qguhbg.gif

also yeahhhh I can post pictures now.


Lol. Thanks Ken and August.

By the time I'll be able to post pics, the cycle'll be over. smh. #firstworldproblems


Thanks!!

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:28 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
coolbean2013 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:In at UT-Austin via phone. That awkward moment when they wait to hear your response to their acceptance... Lol.

Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

My applications finally went complete at a lot of places yesterday and today... I guess they know I'm alive now...


Jodie, we are twins! I got the call from Texas today as well :D
Sent: 12/30/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

Also got accepted to my regional T30 with a fully scholly!


That's crazy. Congrats, esp that full scholly!
I sort of kept waiting for UT to say something about fin aid... are they not gonna offer any, or does that come later?


lol, I'm hoping our package will have some indication to financial aid.

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:42 pm

coolbean2013 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:In at UT-Austin via phone. That awkward moment when they wait to hear your response to their acceptance... Lol.

Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

My applications finally went complete at a lot of places yesterday and today... I guess they know I'm alive now...


Jodie, we are twins! I got the call from Texas today as well :D
Sent: 12/30/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

Also got accepted to my regional T30 with a fully scholly!


Image
Congrats to CB and Jodie on their recent acceptances!!! Turn up time!!! :D

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:46 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
coolbean2013 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:In at UT-Austin via phone. That awkward moment when they wait to hear your response to their acceptance... Lol.

Sent: 12/29/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

My applications finally went complete at a lot of places yesterday and today... I guess they know I'm alive now...


Jodie, we are twins! I got the call from Texas today as well :D
Sent: 12/30/13
Complete: 1/15/14
Decision: 1/16/14

Also got accepted to my regional T30 with a fully scholly!


http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... -dance.gif
Congrats to CB and Jodie on their recent acceptances!!! Turn up time!!! :D


Thanks! And, please, someone tell me what/where this gif is from. LMAO :lol:

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:51 pm

In the Google Images Search Engine I put "Bernie Lean Dance GIF" I get most of my GIFs from Google Images.

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:56 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:In the Google Images Search Engine I put "Bernie Lean Dance GIF" I get most of my GIFs from Google Images.


Soon, and very soon, i'll be able to use this advice (if I start posting more, yall should know why haha).

It looks like a rap battle. If so, I need to watch it to see what they were all hyped about LOL.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Pied loving that gif!




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KillaKam92 and 2 guests