URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BentleyLittle » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Same, I think the first week.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:Just got the SEO interview invitation for NYC. Applied in December.


+1


+2

Initiation for DC though.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BentleyLittle » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:40 pm

So how much of a disadvantage is it to interview through skype? Any collective wisdom on that?

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby kenwash » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Is SEO valuable for someone who wants to go into patent law? I've been assuming that since it's not as common as other areas, the SEO opportunities would be limited.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:42 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:So how much of a disadvantage is it to interview through skype? Any collective wisdom on that?


If you are close, like DC and up, they might not think you are serious.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BentleyLittle » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:54 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:So how much of a disadvantage is it to interview through skype? Any collective wisdom on that?


If you are close, like DC and up, they might not think you are serious.


Okay. I'm in the midwest so getting to new york by next week is kinda cost prohibitive.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:55 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:So how much of a disadvantage is it to interview through skype? Any collective wisdom on that?


If you are close, like DC and up, they might not think you are serious.


Okay. I'm in the midwest so getting to new york by next week is kinda cost prohibitive.


Yeah then you are totally fine.

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:15 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:Just got a call from UCLA..let it go to voicemail. Does anyone know if they do phone interviews, or is it a call for acceptance?


LOL you better stop playing hard to get


Hahaa I called em back ASAP! I was scared they would revoke it. Lol

In at UCLA!



Congrats!!

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Congrats Bentley, Mojo, and Okaygo on your SEO interviews!!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:37 pm

coolbean2013 wrote:Congrats Bentley, Mojo, and Okaygo on your SEO interviews!!

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Congrats Bentley, Mojo, and Okaygo on your SEO interviews!! :D

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:12 pm

I wish I could've applied for SEO. It's such an amazing opportunity.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:15 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:Congrats Bentley, Mojo, and Okaygo on your SEO interviews!! :D

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Add CLS to the list of schools I'm waiting on. Because why not apply there?

And thanks everyone :D

User avatar
BobMoses
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BobMoses » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

applelover wrote:
coolbean2013 wrote:Congrats Bentley, Mojo, and Okaygo on your SEO interviews!!

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:18 pm

okaygo wrote:Add CLS to the list of schools I'm waiting on. Because why not apply there?

And thanks everyone :D



Aww man I thought you were holding out because of the app fee lol !!

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby t-14orbust » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Anyone hear anything from SEO LA/SF? I barely applied mid/late december but I'm just wondering

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 pm

okaygo wrote:Add CLS to the list of schools I'm waiting on. Because why not apply there?

And thanks everyone :D


That's the one school I'm debating on withdrawing from before receiving a decision.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
okaygo wrote:Add CLS to the list of schools I'm waiting on. Because why not apply there?

And thanks everyone :D



Aww man I thought you were holding out because of the app fee lol !!


Haha I just realized I need to get over myself.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:20 pm

applelover wrote:
okaygo wrote:Add CLS to the list of schools I'm waiting on. Because why not apply there?

And thanks everyone :D


That's the one school I'm debating on withdrawing from before receiving a decision.


Is it because you know you'll attend HLS over them?

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:25 pm

okaygo wrote:
applelover wrote:
okaygo wrote:Add CLS to the list of schools I'm waiting on. Because why not apply there?

And thanks everyone :D


That's the one school I'm debating on withdrawing from before receiving a decision.


Is it because you know you'll attend HLS over them?


No, I would consider attending any school that I applied to that has my desired clinical program over HYS if it offers me the right amount of $$$. I just visited CLS and didn't feel like it would be the right fit for me. But the only reason I'm holding out is because if I'm admitted and if I receive money, I want to use that to negotiate with NYU.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:31 pm

applelover wrote:No, I would consider attending any school with my program over HYS if it offers me the right amount of $$$. I just visited CLS and didn't feel like it would be the right fit for me. But the only reason I'm holding out is because if I'm admitted and if I receive money, I want to use that to negotiate with NYU.


Gotcha. That's the only reason I really applied to Cornell (to negotiate with GULC).
Just curious though, what are you referring to when you say 'my program'?

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:35 pm

okaygo wrote:
applelover wrote:No, I would consider attending any school with my program over HYS if it offers me the right amount of $$$. I just visited CLS and didn't feel like it would be the right fit for me. But the only reason I'm holding out is because if I'm admitted and if I receive money, I want to use that to negotiate with NYU.


Gotcha. That's the only reason I really applied to Cornell (to negotiate with GULC).
Just curious though, what are you referring to when you say 'my program'?


I edited my original post for clarification literally right before you posted this lol. There's an area of law that I'm particularly interested in and I applied to several schools that offer students the opportunity to participate in clinics and/or complete work abroad in that field.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 pm

applelover wrote:
okaygo wrote:
applelover wrote:No, I would consider attending any school with my program over HYS if it offers me the right amount of $$$. I just visited CLS and didn't feel like it would be the right fit for me. But the only reason I'm holding out is because if I'm admitted and if I receive money, I want to use that to negotiate with NYU.


Gotcha. That's the only reason I really applied to Cornell (to negotiate with GULC).
Just curious though, what are you referring to when you say 'my program'?


I edited my original post for clarification literally right before you posted this lol. There's an area of law that I'm particularly interested in and I applied to several schools that offer students the opportunity to participate in clinics and/or complete work abroad in that field.


Ohhh, well that's interesting. Don't disappear forever, keep us updated on where you end up!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 pm

okaygo wrote:

Ohhh, well that's interesting. Don't disappear forever, keep us updated on where you end up!



I still check the board sporadically. I just don't have the free time I use to. I hope someone creates a new thread at the end of the cycle for URMs to post their stats and the schools they've heard back from.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests