URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Dr.Zer0

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:02 pm

okaygo wrote:Frustrated by the lack of movement on my GW app.

I thought you got in already?

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:

Not at all. Last update there is 12/16. I am in at GULC (what you might be thinking of), but I'd love to get into GW!

BobMoses

Postby BobMoses » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Cocoblues wrote:
DPhoenix wrote:
BobMoses wrote:
okaygo wrote:In a Cornell!!!!!!

Congrats! I'm in too

That makes three of us. Congrats! I would also like to add that Bob Moses has the coolest name and avi I've seen so far.

Congrats guys!!! Well done!!!

Thanks for the love 8)

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 pm

alpwilliams wrote:Congrats to everyone who received their scores...

Question... If i have a reportable LSAT score but it was substantially (20pts) lower than my average PTing, how would retaking in Feb effect my chances? Can I submit my file and inform them im retaking in Feb? How would that work?

I am doing the February applying. I wouldn't recommend if you do not have to and you can wait another year.

Anywho, after one day of aggressive emailing, I was able to snag about 6 out of 9 fee waivers without a LSAT score. The only ones that would not budge are Georgetown, Emory and GW...they all pretty much said "If we want you to have a fee waiver, we will give you one." lol. Still, I look at it as a victory.

School list has changed a bit, I am probably moving back to my home state for law school. I have "ties" there and if I have any hope of a political future, I need to go somewhere in which a conservative democrat will have a chance of winning elections.

Dr.Zer0

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 pm

okaygo wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:

Not at all. Last update there is 12/16. I am in at GULC (what you might be thinking of), but I'd love to get into GW!

Haha you're right. Since you got into Cornell and GULC I'm sure you'll get GW too.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
okaygo wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:

Haha you're right. Since you got into Cornell and GULC I'm sure you'll get GW too.

Fingers crossed, zero!! I was held at W&M so I'm not counting on anything.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:13 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
Anywho, after one day of aggressive emailing, I was able to snag about 6 out of 9 fee waivers without a LSAT score. The only ones that would not budge are Georgetown, Emory and GW...they all pretty much said "If we want you to have a fee waiver, we will give you one." lol. Still, I look at it as a victory.

School list has changed a bit, I am probably moving back to my home state for law school. I have "ties" there and if I have any hope of a political future, I need to go somewhere in which a conservative democrat will have a chance of winning elections.

You want to go into politics? That's so cool, I'm jealous. I don't have the guts.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:16 pm

BobMoses wrote:

Congrats! I'm in too

Congrats Okaygo and BobMoses!!! Way to start off the New Year!!! Turn up!!!

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 pm

okaygo wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

You want to go into politics? That's so cool, I'm jealous. I don't have the guts.

Yea, I always have wanted to be a politician. I thought researching it (thus the PhD) would be enough to satisfy, but I do not just want to write about it, I want to DO it. I am a do'er

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Congrats to Cornell acceptances!!

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:42 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
BobMoses wrote:

Congrats! I'm in too

I love dougie gifssss

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
BobMoses wrote:

Congrats! I'm in too

I love dougie gifssss

I do too mandy. Have to break them out on the T14 acceptances lol

BobMoses

Postby BobMoses » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Congrats Okaygo and BobMoses!!! Way to start off the New Year!!! Turn up!!![/quote][/quote][/quote]

Thanks, I've been feeling great all morning

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:33 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
okaygo wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

Yea, I always have wanted to be a politician. I thought researching it (thus the PhD) would be enough to satisfy, but I do not just want to write about it, I want to DO it. I am a do'er

Story of my life. Lol.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:50 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

Story of my life. Lol.

I was thinking of the politician route but being in the public eye is brutal. Have y'all seen the comments sections of these websites lol

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:10 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

Story of my life. Lol.

I was thinking of the politician route but being in the public eye is brutal. Have y'all seen the comments sections of these websites lol

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Hahaa.. You're right though. But by the time we're outta law school, I think we'll be immune to all the nonsense. LOL.

coolbean2013

Postby coolbean2013 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Get it!!

alpwilliams

Postby alpwilliams » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
alpwilliams wrote:Congrats to everyone who received their scores...

Question... If i have a reportable LSAT score but it was substantially (20pts) lower than my average PTing, how would retaking in Feb effect my chances? Can I submit my file and inform them im retaking in Feb? How would that work?

I am doing the February applying. I wouldn't recommend if you do not have to and you can wait another year.

Submit the need base app to GULC. I did and they were pretty receptive to it.

coolbean2013

Postby coolbean2013 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:15 pm

BobMoses wrote:

Congrats! I'm in too

Congrats!! Seeing some Cornell movement!

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:17 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

Story of my life. Lol.

Comments are the reason I read the internet. I have a weird love for reading the terrible things people are willing to say when they think no one will find out it's what they believe IRL.

The internet is the reason I refuse to buy into this "post-racial america" BS.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:37 pm

August Wilson wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

Story of my life. Lol.

Comments are the reason I read the internet. I have a weird love for reading the terrible things people are willing to say when they think no one will find out it's what they believe IRL.

The internet is the reason I refuse to buy into this "post-racial america" BS.

Yeah, I mean even when ppl use their Facebook account to comment they are reckless. It's scary.

Futuregohan14

Postby Futuregohan14 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:56 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
okaygo wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

Quan292

Postby Quan292 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:27 pm

You are doing ya thang this cycle. Wasn't you going to ed to GW?

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Quan292 wrote:

You are doing ya thang this cycle. Wasn't you going to ed to GW?

Thanks Quanie :D
And yes, I was definitely considering it. Still not sure if it was a good thing that I couldn't (because I had already began the RD app). But I guess we shall see when schollies come out.

boiboi

Postby boiboi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Checking in. Uchicago interview invite today.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”