URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby sashafierce » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:44 am

johnfootball wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:
sashafierce wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:
11 is an excellent number. I'm shooting for 12, personally. Hopefully I can manage more than one house, though...


Are you Muslim or just being silly? I can't tell as I am new to the thread :?


No muslim. I'm being about 90% serious about that 12 number and the multiple house thing. David Panton really is my idol - that wasn't a joke when I said I aspired to live up to his "shining example".

This would all be done serially, though. I don't think I'd have the gumption to keep multiple women under the same roof simultaneously. You and Mandy had a couple of fathers with real guts (and a whole lot of game). I salute them.


Did you guys actually feel like you were funny after posting this?

Edit: It appears as though sashafierce actually buys into religious stereotypes and is not a troll


Sooo, polygyny in Islam is a thing. If a Muslim man has the financial means + a good reason (sick wife/desire for more kids) he is allowed under Muslim law to take another wife (up to 4), once his first wife consents.

So based on Gohan's statements 1) desire for lots of kids 2) kids with different women 3) different houses I was wondering if he is Muslim.

I was not stereotyping, I was just following my statements and decided to ask him directly rather than assume.

User avatar
Black_Swan
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Black_Swan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:53 am

Anyone succesfully applied for the lsac waiver ?
Last edited by Black_Swan on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:02 am

johnfootball wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Funny? Are u saying that multiple wife thing doesn't happen?I personally know Muslim men with a desire for and who have acquired multiple wives (I've been asked two times after he never revealed that he was Muslim to me when we dated).


Are you trolling or are you actually this stupid?


Excuse you?

User avatar
johnfootball
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:02 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby johnfootball » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 am

sashafierce wrote:
Sooo, polygyny in Islam is a thing. If a Muslim man has the financial means + a good reason (sick wife/desire for more kids) he is allowed under Muslim law to take another wife (up to 4), once his first wife consents.

So based on Gohan's statements 1) desire for lots of kids 2) kids with different women 3) different houses I was wondering if he is Muslim.

I was not stereotyping, I was just following my statements and decided to ask him directly rather than assume.


You're ignorant AF. Polygamy in Islam was primarily utilized to preserve the population and provide for orphans at the beginning of the religion because war killed many of the men. Today it is restricted/illegal across the Middle East and is very rare.

You do realize that some Christians practice polygamy too, right? That doesn't make it accurate to stereotype Christians as polygamists either. Religious stereotypes are just as offensive as ethnic stereotypes and you should feel bad.

Now go back to shitpoasting about Beyonce in an on-topic discussion.

NanaP
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby NanaP » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:16 am

This Thread has become very hostile....what happened to the good/bad news about getting into or applying to schools????

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:20 am

johnfootball wrote:
sashafierce wrote:
Sooo, polygyny in Islam is a thing. If a Muslim man has the financial means + a good reason (sick wife/desire for more kids) he is allowed under Muslim law to take another wife (up to 4), once his first wife consents.

So based on Gohan's statements 1) desire for lots of kids 2) kids with different women 3) different houses I was wondering if he is Muslim.

I was not stereotyping, I was just following my statements and decided to ask him directly rather than assume.


You're ignorant AF. Polygamy in Islam was primarily utilized to preserve the population and provide for orphans at the beginning of the religion because war killed many of the men. Today it is restricted/illegal across the Middle East and is very rare.

You do realize that some Christians practice polygamy too, right? That doesn't make it accurate to stereotype Christians as polygamists either. Religious stereotypes are just as offensive as ethnic stereotypes and you should feel bad.

Now go back to shitpoasting about Beyonce in an on-topic discussion.


And you are rude as hell. Honestly if you're not going to generate honest healthly discussion. Your opinion or validation is not needed in this thread. Where do you come off as thinking you are the holy grail or some type of informant. There are several ways you could have addressed this topic without jumping out of pocket and speaking the way you did. You have no authority and basically no status. So you have been dismissed and can continue on with what you were doing. Because you are #Basic and #Common. I honestly do not see where you think you can get off talking to the people in this thread this way. Calling people stupid and ignorant. Have some class and learn how to address people.

User avatar
johnfootball
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:02 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby johnfootball » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:24 am

ThePiedPiper wrote:
johnfootball wrote:
sashafierce wrote:
Sooo, polygyny in Islam is a thing. If a Muslim man has the financial means + a good reason (sick wife/desire for more kids) he is allowed under Muslim law to take another wife (up to 4), once his first wife consents.

So based on Gohan's statements 1) desire for lots of kids 2) kids with different women 3) different houses I was wondering if he is Muslim.

I was not stereotyping, I was just following my statements and decided to ask him directly rather than assume.


You're ignorant AF. Polygamy in Islam was primarily utilized to preserve the population and provide for orphans at the beginning of the religion because war killed many of the men. Today it is restricted/illegal across the Middle East and is very rare.

You do realize that some Christians practice polygamy too, right? That doesn't make it accurate to stereotype Christians as polygamists either. Religious stereotypes are just as offensive as ethnic stereotypes and you should feel bad.

Now go back to shitpoasting about Beyonce in an on-topic discussion.


And you are rude as hell. Honestly if you're not going to generate honest healthly discussion. Your opinion or validation is not needed in this thread. Where do you come off as thinking you are the holy grail or some type of informant. There are several ways you could have addressed this topic without jumping out of pocket and speaking the way you did. You have no authority and basically no status. So you have been dismissed and can continue on with what you were doing. Because you are #Basic and #Common. I honestly do not see where you think you can get off talking to the people in this thread this way. Calling people stupid and ignorant. Have some class and learn how to address people.


I get the sentiment but why are you using hashtags?

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:30 am

To make sure you get and emphasize the point. Because obviously somewhere or someone along the way forgot to educate you on how to address individuals. Now I am done speaking to you because I am not going to give you your 5 seconds of fame.
Last edited by ThePiedPiper on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:31 am

Black_Swan wrote:Anyone succesfully applied for the lsac waiver ?


Yes I actually was approved by LSAC.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:35 am

AAJD2B wrote:I am busting out laughing from reading these posts! Keep it coming, Gohan, especially the gifs.

On a separate note, did anyone receive the follow up email from SEO with the webinar link??? It's today and I didn't get anything! :?



You guys, this! Where is this SEO thing going to be held.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Nova » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:39 am

ThePiedPiper wrote:To make sure you get and emphasize the point. Because obviously somewhere or someone alomg the way forgot to educate you on how to address individuals. NowI am speaking to you because I am not going to give you your 5 seconds of fame.

The delivery was off but i don't think its debatable that John is right

I heard you were raised by a single parent. Are you a minority? This is a fair question to ask because some minorities are raised by single parents. Ive even met one.

That's clearly messed up logic

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby sashafierce » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:41 am

johnfootball wrote:
sashafierce wrote:
Sooo, polygyny in Islam is a thing. If a Muslim man has the financial means + a good reason (sick wife/desire for more kids) he is allowed under Muslim law to take another wife (up to 4), once his first wife consents.

So based on Gohan's statements 1) desire for lots of kids 2) kids with different women 3) different houses I was wondering if he is Muslim.

I was not stereotyping, I was just following my statements and decided to ask him directly rather than assume.


You're ignorant AF. Polygamy in Islam was primarily utilized to preserve the population and provide for orphans at the beginning of the religion because war killed many of the men. Today it is restricted/illegal across the Middle East and is very rare.

You do realize that some Christians practice polygamy too, right? That doesn't make it accurate to stereotype Christians as polygamists either. Religious stereotypes are just as offensive as ethnic stereotypes and you should feel bad.

Now go back to shitpoasting about Beyonce in an on-topic discussion.


Being the person that I am, I confirmed my statement and my response with two strict Muslims first thing this morning before I posted my response to you and one of them did go through the history with me so no I am not ignorant.

I apologize if you are offended because it was a friendly conversation and based on my knowledge, I asked someone an honest question that clearly offended you. :roll:

User avatar
johnfootball
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:02 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby johnfootball » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:47 am

Nova wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:To make sure you get and emphasize the point. Because obviously somewhere or someone alomg the way forgot to educate you on how to address individuals. NowI am speaking to you because I am not going to give you your 5 seconds of fame.

The delivery was off but i don't think its debatable that John is right

I heard you were raised by a single parent. Are you a minority? This is a fair question to ask because some minorities are raised by single parents. Ive even met one.

That's clearly messed up logic


Thanks, Nova. I was too abrasive in making my point and for that I apologize to both Mandy and Sasha.

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am

guys.... just guys.. :roll:

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:19 am

Hey everyone, don't forget you can utilize the foe option to disregard trolls like johnfootball.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:21 am

mandyjay11 wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:I am busting out laughing from reading these posts! Keep it coming, Gohan, especially the gifs.

On a separate note, did anyone receive the follow up email from SEO with the webinar link??? It's today and I didn't get anything! :?



You guys, this! Where is this SEO thing going to be held.


Did you get the email? It was just sent out I think.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:22 am

AAJD2B wrote:Hey everyone, don't forget you can utilize the foe option to disregard trolls like johnfootball.


Just got my SEO email. Did you ?

User avatar
johnfootball
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:02 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby johnfootball » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:23 am

AAJD2B wrote:Hey everyone, don't forget you can utilize the foe option to disregard trolls like johnfootball.


Dismantling religious stereotypes makes me a troll? I always thought fomenting them was more trollish

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby kenwash » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 am

Black_Swan wrote:Anyone succesfully applied for the lsac waiver ?

Yes, I received it when I first thought about applying straight out of college, but I didn't apply that year.

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:53 am

Is it easy to get seo?

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:06 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:Is it easy to get seo?


No. I heard your chances of getting it increase exponentially the higher up the T14 you go. Note that they are prestige conscious, which is why they wait to see where you put in your seat deposit to accept or ding you.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:14 pm

okaygo wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:Is it easy to get seo?


No. I heard your chances of getting it increase exponentially the higher up the T14 you go. Note that they are prestige conscious, which is why they wait to see where you put in your seat deposit to accept or ding you.


ugh... this does not thrill me

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:15 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
okaygo wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:Is it easy to get seo?


No. I heard your chances of getting it increase exponentially the higher up the T14 you go. Note that they are prestige conscious, which is why they wait to see where you put in your seat deposit to accept or ding you.


ugh... this does not thrill me


My sentiments exactly.

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Wow. so is it the summer before you starts law school or summer after?

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:19 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:Wow. so is it the summer before you starts law school or summer after?


Summer before... lots of ppl I know who did it did it 0L, 1L, and got 2L offered




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests