URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Nova

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Nova » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:59 am

Mojosodope wrote:I'm gonna come to minnesota just so we can run UG girls.

good plan

Mojosodope wrote: women are the most beautiful thing on this planet. I don't discriminate.

+1

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:03 am

applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
Well I've never seriously dated a black girl. But that could be because I dated one girl for almost 5 years.

Was she white??

And are you not attracted to black woman?

Yes she was white.

And yes I am attracted to black women, women are the most beautiful thing on this planet. I don't discriminate.

You just outed yourself by referencing a neighborhood.

Not the only neighborhood or street I been that is called that ;)

Futuregohan14

Postby Futuregohan14 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:46 am

wow
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow

alpwilliams

Postby alpwilliams » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 am

Congrats to all that have been accepted, can y'all send me your stats? Doesnt have to be a direct reply to this. I accept PM's lol.

applelover

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 am

Futuregohan14 wrote:wow
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow

Gohan you should've participated in the PW the other day.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:37 am

applelover wrote:
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow

+1, I needed to see u

applelover

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 am

mandyjay11 wrote:
applelover wrote:
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow

+1, I needed to see u

What if he turned out to be the best looking man ITT? Idk what id do. Lol

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:46 am

applelover wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
applelover wrote:
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow

+1, I needed to see u

What if he turned out to be the best looking man ITT? Idk what id do. Lol

I have a feeling that he might be LOL

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:01 pm

The more I think about the LSAT, the more I think I bombed it sigh. Only because I know I started strong and ended strong... but I don't remember anything about LG or LR2.... sigh It all went so fast... I felt like I was just answering questions.... I refuse to go in the waiting thread.... and I can't afford to sit out this cycle if I did bomb it.... sigh

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 pm

toshiroh wrote:The more I think about the LSAT, the more I think I bombed it sigh. Only because I know I started strong and ended strong... but I don't remember anything about LG or LR2.... sigh It all went so fast... I felt like I was just answering questions.... I refuse to go in the waiting thread.... and I can't afford to sit out this cycle if I did bomb it.... sigh

What do you consider bombing?

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:08 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
toshiroh wrote:The more I think about the LSAT, the more I think I bombed it sigh. Only because I know I started strong and ended strong... but I don't remember anything about LG or LR2.... sigh It all went so fast... I felt like I was just answering questions.... I refuse to go in the waiting thread.... and I can't afford to sit out this cycle if I did bomb it.... sigh

160..... coupled with my GPA and I'm barely into a good regional.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:08 pm

No negative thoughts Tosh. I am sure you did great and your best. That's all you can do is give 100 percent effort. Which I am sure you did.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 pm

wlee1220 wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
okaygo wrote:And also no, I'm definitely not only interested in black men, but in the past I've just only dated black men.

And also no I'm not Nigerian.

Oh ok. As someone who has dated non-black more than once, I can safely say there isn't anything more scrumptious than a black man.

Imma leave it at that. :oops:

I hope you're the next Clair Huxtable. :mrgreen: If you do end up in DC, be careful of the DLing that goes down. I heard its a struggle to find a suitable black male there.

As a Black dude who's worked in Atlanta, I think this DL stuff is a bit over the top. I equate it to the educated black woman only wants a thug stereotype.

Uhm, no you did not just say this.

DLing is real, it happens and continues to happen. Stereotype my big toe. It has a lot to do with the stigma of being gay and black within our communities. Denial is an issue.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 pm

toshiroh wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:

160..... coupled with my GPA and I'm barely into a good regional.

What's your GPA?

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 pm

applelover wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
applelover wrote:Random: I'm contemplating getting a weave for once. Does anyone have any kind of hair they recommend?

How high end we talking ??

Ive tried and love Indique and Onyc hair. Whatever you decide to get, make sure it's remy hair. Brazilian and Indian hair are the best.

Ive heard a lot about brazilian hair, is it worth the price?

It depends. What look are you going for? Straight? Wavy? Curly?

I find Brazilian best for wavy or straight. Indian is best for coily/curly/kinky. But the most important thing is finding a great weavologist. That's the hard part.

Also make sure to care for your hair underneath. So many are running around bald-headed trying to hide under a weave. Weaves shouldn't be used as a replacement but an enhancement or accessory, if you will. Black women can grow their hair long if we want to. Just minimize the heat usage, chemicals, deep condition on the regular and keep your ends moisturizer and tucked away, especially during the winters.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

I just can't. She is suing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Month.html

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:23 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

Well during my first LSAT in October 2012, they made me take off my African American College Alliance hoodie.....

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:24 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

reading the comments made me angry!

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:27 pm

What they thought she was going to do start a revolution or something for freedom of her expression smh. I can't deal with this.

wlee1220

Postby wlee1220 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:46 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
wlee1220 wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
okaygo wrote:And also no, I'm definitely not only interested in black men, but in the past I've just only dated black men.

And also no I'm not Nigerian.

Oh ok. As someone who has dated non-black more than once, I can safely say there isn't anything more scrumptious than a black man.

Imma leave it at that. :oops:

I hope you're the next Clair Huxtable. :mrgreen: If you do end up in DC, be careful of the DLing that goes down. I heard its a struggle to find a suitable black male there.

As a Black dude who's worked in Atlanta, I think this DL stuff is a bit over the top. I equate it to the educated black woman only wants a thug stereotype.

Uhm, no you did not just say this.

DLing is real, it happens and continues to happen. Stereotype my big toe. It has a lot to do with the stigma of being gay and black within our communities. Denial is an issue.

I didn't mean to offend. From my experiences in Atlanta it became extremely difficult to date because a lot of the sisters were afraid that they would be the one stuck with a DL brother. I know it happens, and that shit is wrong, but I don't think that it happens as much as folks make it out to happen.

But i definitely agree with you about it stemming from the attitudes in our community towards homosexuals.
Last edited by wlee1220 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Good lord! So much has happened since page 131. Sad I missed out. :cry:

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 pm

August Wilson wrote:Good lord! So much has happened since page 131. Sad I missed out. :cry:

AUGUSTT!! Welcome backk frieenndd!

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:09 pm

toshiroh wrote:

Well during my first LSAT in October 2012, they made me take off my African American College Alliance hoodie.....

What was their reasoning?

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:14 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
toshiroh wrote:

+1

wlee1220

Postby wlee1220 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:17 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
toshiroh wrote:

[img]http://news.majordc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dsc04573.jpg

+1

This. At my site they were making everyone with a hoodie take them off. Nice hoodie though

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”