URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Nova » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:59 am

Mojosodope wrote:I'm gonna come to minnesota just so we can run UG girls.

good plan

Mojosodope wrote: women are the most beautiful thing on this planet. I don't discriminate.

+1

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:03 am

applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
Well I've never seriously dated a black girl. But that could be because I dated one girl for almost 5 years.


Was she white??

And are you not attracted to black woman?


Yes she was white.

And yes I am attracted to black women, women are the most beautiful thing on this planet. I don't discriminate.


You just outed yourself by referencing a neighborhood.


Not the only neighborhood or street I been that is called that ;)

User avatar
Futuregohan14
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Futuregohan14 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:46 am

wow
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow

User avatar
alpwilliams
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby alpwilliams » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 am

Congrats to all that have been accepted, can y'all send me your stats? Doesnt have to be a direct reply to this. I accept PM's lol.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 am

Futuregohan14 wrote:wow
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow



Gohan you should've participated in the PW the other day.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:37 am

applelover wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:wow
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow



Gohan you should've participated in the PW the other day.


+1, I needed to see u

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 am

mandyjay11 wrote:
applelover wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:wow
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow



Gohan you should've participated in the PW the other day.


+1, I needed to see u


What if he turned out to be the best looking man ITT? Idk what id do. Lol

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:46 am

applelover wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
applelover wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:wow
dating topic
much conversation
many romance
urm mating cycle thread
wow



Gohan you should've participated in the PW the other day.


+1, I needed to see u


What if he turned out to be the best looking man ITT? Idk what id do. Lol


I have a feeling that he might be LOL

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:01 pm

The more I think about the LSAT, the more I think I bombed it sigh. Only because I know I started strong and ended strong... but I don't remember anything about LG or LR2.... sigh It all went so fast... I felt like I was just answering questions.... I refuse to go in the waiting thread.... and I can't afford to sit out this cycle if I did bomb it.... sigh

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 pm

toshiroh wrote:The more I think about the LSAT, the more I think I bombed it sigh. Only because I know I started strong and ended strong... but I don't remember anything about LG or LR2.... sigh It all went so fast... I felt like I was just answering questions.... I refuse to go in the waiting thread.... and I can't afford to sit out this cycle if I did bomb it.... sigh


What do you consider bombing?

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:08 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
toshiroh wrote:The more I think about the LSAT, the more I think I bombed it sigh. Only because I know I started strong and ended strong... but I don't remember anything about LG or LR2.... sigh It all went so fast... I felt like I was just answering questions.... I refuse to go in the waiting thread.... and I can't afford to sit out this cycle if I did bomb it.... sigh


What do you consider bombing?


160..... coupled with my GPA and I'm barely into a good regional.

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:08 pm

toshiroh wrote:The more I think about the LSAT, the more I think I bombed it sigh. Only because I know I started strong and ended strong... but I don't remember anything about LG or LR2.... sigh It all went so fast... I felt like I was just answering questions.... I refuse to go in the waiting thread.... and I can't afford to sit out this cycle if I did bomb it.... sigh


No negative thoughts Tosh. I am sure you did great and your best. That's all you can do is give 100 percent effort. Which I am sure you did.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 pm

wlee1220 wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
okaygo wrote:And also no, I'm definitely not only interested in black men, but in the past I've just only dated black men.

And also no I'm not Nigerian.


Oh ok. As someone who has dated non-black more than once, I can safely say there isn't anything more scrumptious than a black man.

Imma leave it at that. :oops:

I hope you're the next Clair Huxtable. :mrgreen: If you do end up in DC, be careful of the DLing that goes down. I heard its a struggle to find a suitable black male there.


As a Black dude who's worked in Atlanta, I think this DL stuff is a bit over the top. I equate it to the educated black woman only wants a thug stereotype.


Uhm, no you did not just say this.

DLing is real, it happens and continues to happen. Stereotype my big toe. It has a lot to do with the stigma of being gay and black within our communities. Denial is an issue.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 pm

toshiroh wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
toshiroh wrote:The more I think about the LSAT, the more I think I bombed it sigh. Only because I know I started strong and ended strong... but I don't remember anything about LG or LR2.... sigh It all went so fast... I felt like I was just answering questions.... I refuse to go in the waiting thread.... and I can't afford to sit out this cycle if I did bomb it.... sigh


What do you consider bombing?


160..... coupled with my GPA and I'm barely into a good regional.


What's your GPA?

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 pm

applelover wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
applelover wrote:Random: I'm contemplating getting a weave for once. Does anyone have any kind of hair they recommend?


How high end we talking ??

Ive tried and love Indique and Onyc hair. Whatever you decide to get, make sure it's remy hair. Brazilian and Indian hair are the best.

Ive heard a lot about brazilian hair, is it worth the price?


It depends. What look are you going for? Straight? Wavy? Curly?

I find Brazilian best for wavy or straight. Indian is best for coily/curly/kinky. But the most important thing is finding a great weavologist. That's the hard part.

Also make sure to care for your hair underneath. So many are running around bald-headed trying to hide under a weave. Weaves shouldn't be used as a replacement but an enhancement or accessory, if you will. Black women can grow their hair long if we want to. Just minimize the heat usage, chemicals, deep condition on the regular and keep your ends moisturizer and tucked away, especially during the winters.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

I just can't. She is suing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Month.html

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:23 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

I just can't. She is suing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Month.html


Well during my first LSAT in October 2012, they made me take off my African American College Alliance hoodie.....

Image

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:24 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

I just can't. She is suing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Month.html



reading the comments made me angry!

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:27 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

I just can't. She is suing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Month.html


What they thought she was going to do start a revolution or something for freedom of her expression smh. I can't deal with this.

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby wlee1220 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:46 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
wlee1220 wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
okaygo wrote:And also no, I'm definitely not only interested in black men, but in the past I've just only dated black men.

And also no I'm not Nigerian.


Oh ok. As someone who has dated non-black more than once, I can safely say there isn't anything more scrumptious than a black man.

Imma leave it at that. :oops:

I hope you're the next Clair Huxtable. :mrgreen: If you do end up in DC, be careful of the DLing that goes down. I heard its a struggle to find a suitable black male there.


As a Black dude who's worked in Atlanta, I think this DL stuff is a bit over the top. I equate it to the educated black woman only wants a thug stereotype.


Uhm, no you did not just say this.

DLing is real, it happens and continues to happen. Stereotype my big toe. It has a lot to do with the stigma of being gay and black within our communities. Denial is an issue.


I didn't mean to offend. From my experiences in Atlanta it became extremely difficult to date because a lot of the sisters were afraid that they would be the one stuck with a DL brother. I know it happens, and that shit is wrong, but I don't think that it happens as much as folks make it out to happen.

But i definitely agree with you about it stemming from the attitudes in our community towards homosexuals.
Last edited by wlee1220 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
August Wilson
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby August Wilson » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Good lord! So much has happened since page 131. Sad I missed out. :cry:

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 pm

August Wilson wrote:Good lord! So much has happened since page 131. Sad I missed out. :cry:



AUGUSTT!! Welcome backk frieenndd!

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:09 pm

toshiroh wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

I just can't. She is suing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Month.html


Well during my first LSAT in October 2012, they made me take off my African American College Alliance hoodie.....

Image



What was their reasoning?

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:14 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
toshiroh wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

I just can't. She is suing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Month.html


Well during my first LSAT in October 2012, they made me take off my African American College Alliance hoodie.....

Image



What was their reasoning?


+1

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby wlee1220 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:17 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
toshiroh wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:Did ya'll hear about the mess regarding Melphine Evans, a black female business executive who was fired from British Petroleum for wearing a dashiki and braids to work?

Apparently, such attire made her colleagues uncomfortable and she should have given warning to clothing "that should only be worn for black history month or cultural day events"...

I just can't. She is suing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Month.html


Well during my first LSAT in October 2012, they made me take off my African American College Alliance hoodie.....

[img]http://news.majordc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dsc04573.jpg



What was their reasoning?


+1


This. At my site they were making everyone with a hoodie take them off. Nice hoodie though




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest