URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Same. Kicking myself for slacking on LG drilling lately.


You have a great LSAT score why'd you retake


Because Rizzy is a gawd



Shoot if I already had a 170+ I wouldn't even honk about the LSAT again.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:41 pm

WhipIt wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Who took the test today?


What's going on, y'all? I took the test today. I'm an AA male who's been following this thread daily for a few months now.... :shock:

I appreciate all of the good humor and kindheartedness found here!


You guys need to come out of the woodwork...this creepin shit needs to end

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:42 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Which one was G3 (1 or 2 words please)? I think I wasted a lot of time on it too leaving me little time for museums.


Discussed/Not Discussed

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:42 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Same. Kicking myself for slacking on LG drilling lately.


You have a great LSAT score why'd you retake


Because why not aim higher. I'm registered for Feb too.

Your score with your URM status already gives you an amazing boost. You're guaranteed to get into the T-3 already.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Same. Kicking myself for slacking on LG drilling lately.


You have a great LSAT score why'd you retake


Because why not aim higher. I'm registered for Feb too.


Preach.

I'm just a mere mortal in your presence

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
WhipIt wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Who took the test today?


What's going on, y'all? I took the test today. I'm an AA male who's been following this thread daily for a few months now.... :shock:

I appreciate all of the good humor and kindheartedness found here!


You guys need to come out of the woodwork...this creepin shit needs to end



That actually bothers me add that to my list of pet peeves on TLS.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm

applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Same. Kicking myself for slacking on LG drilling lately.


You have a great LSAT score why'd you retake


Because why not aim higher. I'm registered for Feb too.

Your score with your URM status already gives you an amazing boost. You're guaranteed to get into the T-3 already.


Remember the argument I had with Gohan?

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:

Woah, woah. That's not fair at all.


How is that not fair??


I buy you drinks, and you don't buy me drinks?

i thought we are all about equal opportunity up in hurt



Ehh I think it's the gentleman thing to do. So I expect at least two. Hey I'm a poet. Oh no! Im becoming lik GO-Han.

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:45 pm

applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Same. Kicking myself for slacking on LG drilling lately.


You have a great LSAT score why'd you retake


Because why not aim higher. I'm registered for Feb too.

Your score with your URM status already gives you an amazing boost. You're guaranteed to get into the T-3 already.


Nah my GPA isn't great also, doesn't matter man, I like to push myself. 170 isn't satisfying to me, I want to push until I reach my limit. Shit if I got a 175 on this test (which I absolutely did not) I would still retake in Feb.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:46 pm

applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:

Woah, woah. That's not fair at all.


How is that not fair??


I buy you drinks, and you don't buy me drinks?

i thought we are all about equal opportunity up in hurt



Ehh I think it's the gentleman thing to do. So I expect at least two. Hey I'm a poet. Oh no! Im becoming lik GO-Han.


Gentleman thing to do is to pull out your chair and open a door for you.

Buy you drinks? I better be coming to your studio ;)

keeeeding

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
Remember the argument I had with Gohan?



Yea but gohan didn't have a 170+. This is a big difference. He was resting on his URM status solely if I remember correctly.

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Let's just chalk it up to me being a masochist and leave it at that

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Nah my GPA isn't great also, doesn't matter man, I like to push myself. 170 isn't satisfying to me, I want to push until I reach my limit. Shit if I got a 175 on this test (which I absolutely did not) I would still retake in Feb.



Well kudos to you. You're a lot better than me! I do not have the time nor the money to keep paying LSAC.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 pm

applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
Remember the argument I had with Gohan?



Yea but gohan didn't have a 170+. This is a big difference. He was resting on his URM status solely if I remember correctly.


Part of my argument was pushing yourself to your limit and not settling.

a 171 is not an auto-admit to HYS without URM status, so rizzy theoretically would be resting on his status

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm proud of the dedication to excellence being displayed in this thread.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm

applelover wrote:I'm proud of the dedication to excellence being displayed in this thread.


You think cornell will ever get back to us

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby teampeeta » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm

applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
applelover wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:


Because why not aim higher. I'm registered for Feb too.

Your score with your URM status already gives you an amazing boost. You're guaranteed to get into the T-3 already.



Yeah, I'm in this boat too. I don't know that there are as many "guarantees" as TLS posters would like to believe. I think you have to try to present the best application you can. I think HYS can reject me and I got in the 170s in Oct and retook today. I'm hoping they don't (and I think it would take a minor miracle for me to have improved on my score given the utter ratchetry that was today's test), but I don't know that people can count acceptances before they arrive. Well, maybe midnight_circus and monk can. The rest of us are in the struggle.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
Remember the argument I had with Gohan?



Yea but gohan didn't have a 170+. This is a big difference. He was resting on his URM status solely if I remember correctly.


Part of my argument was pushing yourself to your limit and not settling.

a 171 is not an auto-admit to HYS without URM status, so rizzy theoretically would be resting on his status


I didn't read you alls entire conversation, nor did I make a conscious effort to remember your argument. And I guess I'm settling, oh well, I don't have the time or the money to study and retake the LSAT until i get my best score. If I did that my GPA would plummet and there would go my almost 4.0.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:52 pm

teampeeta wrote:
Yeah, I'm in this boat too. I don't know that there are as many "guarantees" as TLS posters would like to believe. I think you have to try to present the best application you can. I think HYS can reject me and I got in the 170s in Oct and retook today. I'm hoping they don't (and I think it would take a minor miracle for me to have improved on my score given the utter ratchetry that was today's test), but I don't know that people can count acceptances before they arrive. Well, maybe midnight_circus and monk can. The rest of us are in the struggle.


And the struggle is rough. Its hard out in these streets

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 pm

I wonder how many of the 7 guests ITT, are people who never posted in here before.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:56 pm

applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
Remember the argument I had with Gohan?



Yea but gohan didn't have a 170+. This is a big difference. He was resting on his URM status solely if I remember correctly.


Part of my argument was pushing yourself to your limit and not settling.

a 171 is not an auto-admit to HYS without URM status, so rizzy theoretically would be resting on his status


I didn't read you alls entire conversation, nor did I make a conscious effort to remember your argument. And I guess I'm settling, oh well, I don't have the time or the money to study and retake the LSAT until i get my best score. If I did that my GPA would plummet and there would go my almost 4.0.


Aint no problem, to each his own

NanaP
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby NanaP » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:57 pm

I still feel terrible :( ...I usually crush LG...This one I'll be lucky to get 15......why would they do that to us???

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Mojosodope wrote:

Aint no problem, to each his own


I'm also quite satisfied with my LSAT score, because I know given the circumstances, it was the best I could at that moment and might very well still be.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:01 pm

NanaP wrote:I still feel terrible :( ...I usually crush LG...This one I'll be lucky to get 15......why would they do that to us???

I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think. Don't stress yourself about, or let it get you down.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:01 pm

applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:

Aint no problem, to each his own


I'm also quite satisfied with my LSAT score, because I know given the circumstances, it was the best I could at that moment and might very well still be.


I mean your getting into harvard so it doesnt matter




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest