URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Futuregohan14
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Futuregohan14 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Mojosodope wrote:now that I'm in at NYU I regret signing up for the Dec LSAT.

i want to sleep on saturday


The objective is always to shoot for 170 or above to ensure that our positive results are gained via merit, and merit alone. This means we must take every opportunity to try and aim for that objective. If we fail, then at least we know we will have tried and not chosen to settle simply because our scores were good enough for our demographic.

much effort
many persistence
so excellence
many discipline
so determination
very try
wow

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:now that I'm in at NYU I regret signing up for the Dec LSAT.

i want to sleep on saturday


The objective is always to shoot for 170 or above to ensure that our positive results are gained via merit, and merit alone. This means we must take every opportunity to try and aim for that objective. If we fail, then at least we know we will have tried and not chosen to settle simply because our scores were good enough for our demographic.

much effort
many persistence
so excellence
many discipline
so determination
very try
wow


But wait, it's Future now schooling Mojo on not settling for less??!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see what you did there Future!!!!!! **DEAD**

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby MoMettaMonk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:24 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:now that I'm in at NYU I regret signing up for the Dec LSAT.

i want to sleep on saturday


The objective is always to shoot for 170 or above to ensure that our positive results are gained via merit, and merit alone. This means we must take every opportunity to try and aim for that objective. If we fail, then at least we know we will have tried and not chosen to settle simply because our scores were good enough for our demographic.

much effort
many persistence
so excellence
many discipline
so determination
very try
wow


But wait, it's Future now schooling Mojo on not settling for less??!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see what you did there Future!!!!!! **DEAD**


AAJD2B I think we just entered the bizarro world.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby twenty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:The objective is always to shoot for 170 or above to ensure that our positive results are gained via merit, and merit alone. This means we must take every opportunity to try and aim for that objective. If we fail, then at least we know we will have tried and not chosen to settle simply because our scores were good enough for our demographic.


Image

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:29 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:now that I'm in at NYU I regret signing up for the Dec LSAT.

i want to sleep on saturday


The objective is always to shoot for 170 or above to ensure that our positive results are gained via merit, and merit alone. This means we must take every opportunity to try and aim for that objective. If we fail, then at least we know we will have tried and not chosen to settle simply because our scores were good enough for our demographic.

much effort
many persistence
so excellence
many discipline
so determination
very try
wow


But wait, it's Future now schooling Mojo on not settling for less??!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see what you did there Future!!!!!! **DEAD**

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Lmao! I can't take this.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Futuregohan14 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:now that I'm in at NYU I regret signing up for the Dec LSAT.

i want to sleep on saturday


The objective is always to shoot for 170 or above to ensure that our positive results are gained via merit, and merit alone. This means we must take every opportunity to try and aim for that objective. If we fail, then at least we know we will have tried and not chosen to settle simply because our scores were good enough for our demographic.

much effort
many persistence
so excellence
many discipline
so determination
very try
wow


Irony, huh?

I guess that's why I'm still retaking, and took a PT today.

californiauser
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby californiauser » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:16 pm

I'd give up my first born for a T14 acceptance at this point.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:18 pm

californiauser wrote:I'd give up my first born for a T14 acceptance at this point.


These people may be able to help:

http://www.churchofsatan.com

User avatar
midnight_circus
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby midnight_circus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:now that I'm in at NYU I regret signing up for the Dec LSAT.

i want to sleep on saturday


Irony, huh?

I guess that's why I'm still retaking, and took a PT today.


Good choice. :D
I legit enjoyed taking the test, so I'm biased, but I think the potential for more $$$ is more than worth the loss of sleep. Good luck! I'm sure you'll rock it on Saturday.

Also, lol @ the official church of satan website costumed guy.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:29 pm

midnight_circus wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:now that I'm in at NYU I regret signing up for the Dec LSAT.

i want to sleep on saturday


Irony, huh?

I guess that's why I'm still retaking, and took a PT today.


Good choice. :D
I legit enjoyed taking the test, so I'm biased, but I think the potential for more $$$ is more than worth the loss of sleep. Good luck! I'm sure you'll rock it on Saturday.

Also, lol @ the official church of satan website costumed guy.


I just like to complain. No pain, no gain.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm

just got accepted into Boalt (Berkeley)!!!

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 pm

applelover wrote:just got accepted into Boalt (Berkeley)!!!


Congratulations!!! :D Now it is really time to party and celebrate. That's a big deal. Congrats again Apple.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 pm

applelover wrote:just got accepted into Boalt (Berkeley)!!!


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
midnight_circus
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby midnight_circus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:33 pm

applelover wrote:just got accepted into Boalt (Berkeley)!!!


Congratulations! :D

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 pm

californiauser wrote:I'd give up my first born for a T14 acceptance at this point.

You've for Vandy! Thats amazing!

User avatar
DPhoenix
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby DPhoenix » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Decided to finally join in. Congrats to everyone on your acceptances! Wishing you all a great cycle.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
applelover wrote:just got accepted into Boalt (Berkeley)!!!


Congratulations!!! :D Now it is really time to party and celebrate. That's a big deal. Congrats again Apple.


Congrats apple!!!!!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Thank you!!!! You guys are all so supportive!

User avatar
midnight_circus
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby midnight_circus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:17 pm

DPhoenix wrote:Decided to finally join in. Congrats to everyone on your acceptances! Wishing you all a great cycle.


Welcome! As someone who just showed up ~50 pages ago, I promise: it's more fun than lurking. :)

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:30 pm

midnight_circus wrote:
DPhoenix wrote:Decided to finally join in. Congrats to everyone on your acceptances! Wishing you all a great cycle.


Welcome! As someone who just showed up ~50 pages ago, I promise: it's more fun than lurking. :)


+1

Welcome!!!

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 pm

I just made the mistake of clicking on that "what is diversity awareness thread." Don't click it y'all. I can't even deal.

sassybassy
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby sassybassy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Weird question. Has anyone else accepted to Michigan gotten their acceptance package? Mine has written on it that my personal statement was amazing, and I'm not sure if that's like the "We love to get xyz grads" thing again. Lol

ktatl14
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ktatl14 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Decided to create this account. Hello all!
In at Vandy, anyone else?
Last edited by ktatl14 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:13 pm

sassybassy wrote:Weird question. Has anyone else accepted to Michigan gotten their acceptance package? Mine has written on it that my personal statement was amazing, and I'm not sure if that's like the "We love to get xyz grads" thing again. Lol


I am not sure that I read anyone else getting accepted yet. haha but it better be a genuine note because then that's just not cool!




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests