URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
mojangles
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mojangles » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:12 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:Okay I need a URM perspective on my dilemma. Scored 165 in October, 3.3X gpa, MA. I would have had a 168/169 if I went -0 on LG like I was doing during practice.

I am confident I can hit 170 by December and want to retake. However, my practice group is going to trial in the next few weeks. All hands on deck type deal.Not sure how much time I will have to stay sharp/improve.

What do you guys think about applying now with my current stats and then taking in February? I would prefer to begin next fall.


I completely understand the feeling of wanting to get LS started, but I would strongly consider waiting a cycle if you can truly break through 170. A 170+ can land you a lot more $, but I don't want to speculate on the applying early vs late because I don't think I can comment on that fact, I just feel like Feb is very late to be applying for this cycle. Regardless, best of luck, hope you smash that LSAT in feb

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:20 pm

January is a good time to apply, February isn't. But with apps down so low, let alone how low the dip in URMs must be, I would apply anyway and see what happens. A 3.0+/170+ URM is very rare and will have a lot of good options.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:32 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:January is a good time to apply, February isn't. But with apps down so low, let alone how low the dip in URMs must be, I would apply anyway and see what happens. A 3.0+/170+ URM is very rare and will have a lot of good options.


Rizzy, are you sending out your apps in January?

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:33 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:January is a good time to apply, February isn't. But with apps down so low, let alone how low the dip in URMs must be, I would apply anyway and see what happens. A 3.0+/170+ URM is very rare and will have a lot of good options.


Rizzy, are you sending out your apps in January?


Late December after Fall grades and (hopefully) Dec LSAT scores. Finally starting to feel the nerves.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:37 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:January is a good time to apply, February isn't. But with apps down so low, let alone how low the dip in URMs must be, I would apply anyway and see what happens. A 3.0+/170+ URM is very rare and will have a lot of good options.


Rizzy, are you sending out your apps in January?


Late December after Fall grades and (hopefully) Dec LSAT scores. Finally starting to feel the nerves.


Sounds good. I hope Dec scores arrive earlier than the scheduled January 6th date (I think ). You got this though, even with your initial score. :wink:

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:38 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:January is a good time to apply, February isn't. But with apps down so low, let alone how low the dip in URMs must be, I would apply anyway and see what happens. A 3.0+/170+ URM is very rare and will have a lot of good options.


Rizzy, are you sending out your apps in January?


Late December after Fall grades and (hopefully) Dec LSAT scores. Finally starting to feel the nerves.


Sounds good. I hope Dec scores arrive earlier than the scheduled January 6th date (I think ). You got this though, even with your initial score. :wink:


Lol thanks. My GPA will be lower than project because fuck senioritis but yeah we'll see how it goes.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm

does anyone wanna swap diversity statements or just tell me if I am on the right track?

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:50 pm

And just when I thought I was finally getting SA questions perfectly, I get knocked down again lol. These questions are truly my achilles.... 7sage is awesome though

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 am

toshiroh wrote:And just when I thought I was finally getting SA questions perfectly, I get knocked down again lol. These questions are truly my achilles.... 7sage is awesome though


I know that feel bro, just got destroyed by NA questions.

Other than 7sage, what other materials are you using?

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:22 am

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
toshiroh wrote:And just when I thought I was finally getting SA questions perfectly, I get knocked down again lol. These questions are truly my achilles.... 7sage is awesome though


I know that feel bro, just got destroyed by NA questions.

Other than 7sage, what other materials are you using?


I did all three Manhattan books. I stopped at chapter 12 on the LR and LG Manhattan books, because I started 7sage, but I'll eventually finish them. I'm also drilling from the Cambridge books.

essyct
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby essyct » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:53 am

mandyjay11 wrote:does anyone wanna swap diversity statements or just tell me if I am on the right track?


I'd love to get some feedback on mine and I'd be happy to read yours!

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:44 am

essyct wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:does anyone wanna swap diversity statements or just tell me if I am on the right track?


I'd love to get some feedback on mine and I'd be happy to read yours!


I'm in! Let's do this.

essyct
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby essyct » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:56 am

mandyjay11 wrote:
essyct wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:does anyone wanna swap diversity statements or just tell me if I am on the right track?


I'd love to get some feedback on mine and I'd be happy to read yours!


I'm in! Let's do this.


Great! I'm tweaking mine a bit but PM yours whenever you're ready. :)

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:47 pm

So Columbia sent a fee waiver. So happy. Please accept me Columbia!

So far I've received 6 from the T14.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:52 pm

AAJD2B wrote:So Columbia sent a fee waiver. So happy. Please accept me Columbia!

So far I've received 6 from the T14.


Nice! I'm jealous.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:06 pm

okaygo wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:So Columbia sent a fee waiver. So happy. Please accept me Columbia!

So far I've received 6 from the T14.


Nice! I'm jealous.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Did anyone get the priority track email from Duke? It made me nervous for some reason hah.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:36 pm

okaygo wrote:Did anyone get the priority track email from Duke? It made me nervous for some reason hah.



no, just a regular fee waiver...whomp whomp

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby MoMettaMonk » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Duke why don't you love me!?

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Anyone else getting a million emails from Brooklyn Law School. Lol.... my life consists of a million lower tier emails daily :cry:

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:58 pm

toshiroh wrote:Anyone else getting a million emails from Brooklyn Law School. Lol.... my life consists of a million lower tier emails daily :cry:


Yes! Them and Florida Coastal.

User avatar
EstebanMFernandez
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby EstebanMFernandez » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Florida Coastal sounds tempting....

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:28 pm

EstebanMFernandez wrote:Florida Coastal sounds tempting....


Can't tell if troll or srs.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:40 pm

OsaroLJ wrote:I have to be honest guys but this might be the first time in my life that I have been glad to be black. I'm a 3.6/161 and I'm getting all sorts of t-14 love citing my "academic achievements." Yea right!


This happened in the fee waivers thread. I kind of made me a little sad that fee waivers made him/her glad to be black.

californiauser
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby californiauser » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:51 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
OsaroLJ wrote:I have to be honest guys but this might be the first time in my life that I have been glad to be black. I'm a 3.6/161 and I'm getting all sorts of t-14 love citing my "academic achievements." Yea right!


This happened in the fee waivers thread. I kind of made me a little sad that fee waivers made him/her glad to be black.


That's dark.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ltowns1 and 1 guest