URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:39 pm

applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:pm me your stats


Dude you've seen them twice already!.


Clearly I do not remember seeing them once!



Welppp


I guess I could just check my PMs. Don't make me look next time tho I'm lazy

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:What questions are you struggling with specifically? A lot of in/out games seem a lot more difficult than they really are (birds in the forest and mauve dinosaurs, specifically) because you have to play the spaces rather than try and figure out what goes where for each and every question.

For example, if I have a "If Bill is at the game, then Jenny is also at the game" and a "If Donny is not at the game, then Larry and Kellen are at the game" and there's only four "in spaces" you might be tempted to try and fit Bill in first (because it's easy to add Jenny for an easy space), and worry about Donny later.

You should actually do the opposite. Worry about Donny first. Is he there? No? This question just got a lot easier. Yes? Then the Larry/Kellen play a huge role in this.

You'll see stuff like, "If Caleb is at the game, and Patrick and Donny are not at the game, which of the following must be true?"

a. Bill is not at the game
b. Larry is not at the game
c. Xavier is at the game
etc.

So this now becomes easy:

Donny's not at the game, so you immediately add Larry and Kellen. Plus Caleb, that's three people. So you're never going to have Bill, since he'd require Jenny.

Furthermore, on super detailed in/out games (specifically picwhoring friends. effing Raimundo.) use the contrapositive to your advantage throughout all the questions. If, whenever W is in the picture, T and R are both out, and the next rule is: if Y is out, then R is in, you can contrapositive the last rule to when R is out, Y is in. Thus, W -> R -> Y, or, more simply, W -> Y


ok,thanks, i understand what you are saying! i'll try to focus on the "side" characters.. i actually found the dinosaurs and birds games pretty easy, so that's why i'm getting frustrated about the "easy" in/out games
Last edited by lemons on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
applelover wrote:
twentypercentmore wrote:What questions are you struggling with specifically? A lot of in/out games seem a lot more difficult than they really are (birds in the forest and mauve dinosaurs, specifically) because you have to play the spaces rather than try and figure out what goes where for each and every question.

For example, if I have a "If Bill is at the game, then Jenny is also at the game" and a "If Donny is not at the game, then Larry and Kellen are at the game" and there's only four "in spaces" you might be tempted to try and fit Bill in first (because it's easy to add Jenny for an easy space), and worry about Donny later.

You should actually do the opposite. Worry about Donny first. Is he there? No? This question just got a lot easier. Yes? Then the Larry/Kellen play a huge role in this.

You'll see stuff like, "If Caleb is at the game, and Patrick and Donny are not at the game, which of the following must be true?"

a. Bill is not at the game
b. Larry is not at the game
c. Xavier is at the game
etc.

So this now becomes easy:

Donny's not at the game, so you immediately add Larry and Kellen. Plus Caleb, that's three people. So you're never going to have Bill, since he'd require Jenny.

Furthermore, on super detailed in/out games (specifically picwhoring friends. effing Raimundo.) use the contrapositive to your advantage throughout all the questions. If, whenever W is in the picture, T and R are both out, and the next rule is: if Y is out, then R is in, you can contrapositive the last rule to when R is out, Y is in. Thus, W -> R -> Y, or, more simply, W -> Y


I remember practicing the Mauve game. I hated it!


Got dinos perfect on the first try, its all about that deduction


I got all of the questions correct, but it was my first PT and I didn't know anything about game types then so I just used my own methods to make the deductions.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Mojosodope wrote:I guess I could just check my PMs. Don't make me look next time tho I'm lazy


Can't be lazy in law school bro, so you mines well break that habit now! :D :D

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:What time is the PW supposed to begin?


I think we agreed on 7:30pst /10:30EST


.
Last edited by lemons on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 pm

applelover wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:I guess I could just check my PMs. Don't make me look next time tho I'm lazy


Can't be lazy in law school bro, so you mines well break that habit now! :D :D


I'm only lazy about everything not school or work related

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby twenty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 pm

MoMettaMonk wrote:That PW game was always my favorite. I always pictured them as the Rugrats.


I mean, seriously, they're (supposedly) friends. Why the hell can't they just all be in the same picture together? :D

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:53 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:
MoMettaMonk wrote:That PW game was always my favorite. I always pictured them as the Rugrats.


I mean, seriously, they're (supposedly) friends. Why the hell can't they just all be in the same picture together? :D


I may have only taken one picture ever with all my friends.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 pm

I go to dinner and I come back to lemons slandering Beyonce's trendiness lol. Don't do that, I love Bey. She has a work ethic that's out of this world.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:56 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:I go to dinner and I come back to lemons slandering Beyonce's trendiness lol. Don't do that, I love Bey. She has a work ethic that's out of this world.


Why is Jay Z so damn ugly though

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:I go to dinner and I come back to lemons slandering Beyonce's trendiness lol. Don't do that, I love Bey. She has a work ethic that's out of this world.


Why is Jay Z so damn ugly though


It's unfortunate. But he has some good qualities that outshine his looks.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:01 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:I go to dinner and I come back to lemons slandering Beyonce's trendiness lol. Don't do that, I love Bey. She has a work ethic that's out of this world.


Why is Jay Z so damn ugly though


It's unfortunate. But he has some good qualities that outshine his looks.


Like what his money?

Or his membership in the illuminati!

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby MoMettaMonk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:I go to dinner and I come back to lemons slandering Beyonce's trendiness lol. Don't do that, I love Bey. She has a work ethic that's out of this world.


Why is Jay Z so damn ugly though


It's unfortunate. But he has some good qualities that outshine his looks.


Like what his money?

Or his membership in the illuminati!


Secret society membership is so hard to come by these days.

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby 0913djp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Applying in the next few weeks with a sub-160, 3.8 GPA. About to prove all the doubters wrong. Will report back in a few weeks. Good luck to those retaking.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:I go to dinner and I come back to lemons slandering Beyonce's trendiness lol. Don't do that, I love Bey. She has a work ethic that's out of this world.


Why is Jay Z so damn ugly though


It's unfortunate. But he has some good qualities that outshine his looks.


Like what his money?

Or his membership in the illuminati!


Don't tell me u believe in illuminati. And no I think his demeanor is really sexy he hustles, he tries a lot of different things, he loves his woman publicly, etc

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:06 pm

0913djp wrote:Applying in the next few weeks with a sub-160, 3.8 GPA. About to prove all the doubters wrong. Will report back in a few weeks. Good luck to those retaking.


Please tell me your gonna retake...just for shits and giggs

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
Why is Jay Z so damn ugly though


It's unfortunate. But he has some good qualities that outshine his looks.


Like what his money?

Or his membership in the illuminati!


Don't tell me u believe in illuminati. And no I think his demeanor is really sexy he hustles, he tries a lot of different things, he loves his woman publicly, etc


I believe in a group of white men that control much of the economic system.

Illuminati though, I'm not so sure.

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby MoMettaMonk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Don't tell me u believe in illuminati. And no I think his demeanor is really sexy he hustles, he tries a lot of different things, he loves his woman publicly, etc


I believe in a group of white men that control much of the economic system.


Illuminati though, I'm not so sure.


I feel like that's less a belief and more an observation. Kinda like saying "I believe that kangaroos exist."

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby 0913djp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
0913djp wrote:Applying in the next few weeks with a sub-160, 3.8 GPA. About to prove all the doubters wrong. Will report back in a few weeks. Good luck to those retaking.


Please tell me your gonna retake...just for shits and giggs


I will retake in June if I'm on waitlist at one of the two T-14's I'm applying to come April or May. I have $70K in savings and no cost of living expenses through my girlfriend. Sure, I'd love to get money at a T-30 or a better shot at a T-14 so I am definitely open to retaking in June if the situation is right.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 pm

MoMettaMonk wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Don't tell me u believe in illuminati. And no I think his demeanor is really sexy he hustles, he tries a lot of different things, he loves his woman publicly, etc


I believe in a group of white men that control much of the economic system.


Illuminati though, I'm not so sure.


I feel like that's less a belief and more an observation. Kinda like saying "I believe that kangaroos exist."


Na not just that.

But I will save my beliefs on this type of thing for a drunken discussion at ASW. Deal?

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby MoMettaMonk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
MoMettaMonk wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Don't tell me u believe in illuminati. And no I think his demeanor is really sexy he hustles, he tries a lot of different things, he loves his woman publicly, etc


I believe in a group of white men that control much of the economic system.


Illuminati though, I'm not so sure.


I feel like that's less a belief and more an observation. Kinda like saying "I believe that kangaroos exist."


Na not just that.

But I will save my beliefs on this type for a drunken discussion at ASW. Deal?


See you then.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:15 pm

0913djp wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
0913djp wrote:Applying in the next few weeks with a sub-160, 3.8 GPA. About to prove all the doubters wrong. Will report back in a few weeks. Good luck to those retaking.


Please tell me your gonna retake...just for shits and giggs


I will retake in June if I'm on waitlist at one of the two T-14's I'm applying to come April or May. I have $70K in savings and no cost of living expenses through my girlfriend. Sure, I'd love to get money at a T-30 or a better shot at a T-14 so I am definitely open to retaking in June if the situation is right.


Why wouldn't you retake in Feb?

But either way good luck, I won't get into a retake argument with ya

User avatar
Quan292
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Quan292 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:15 pm

0913djp wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
0913djp wrote:Applying in the next few weeks with a sub-160, 3.8 GPA. About to prove all the doubters wrong. Will report back in a few weeks. Good luck to those retaking.


Please tell me your gonna retake...just for shits and giggs


I will retake in June if I'm on waitlist at one of the two T-14's I'm applying to come April or May. I have $70K in savings and no cost of living expenses through my girlfriend. Sure, I'd love to get money at a T-30 or a better shot at a T-14 so I am definitely open to retaking in June if the situation is right.


How much sub is this sub 160?

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 pm

MoMettaMonk wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
MoMettaMonk wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
I believe in a group of white men that control much of the economic system.[/b]

Illuminati though, I'm not so sure.


I feel like that's less a belief and more an observation. Kinda like saying "I believe that kangaroos exist."


Na not just that.

But I will save my beliefs on this type for a drunken discussion at ASW. Deal?


See you then.


global conspiracy talk

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
global conspiracy talk



Oh gosh, conspiracies. I can only listen to that when I'm not sober.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: latif, PresidentIJohnson and 3 guests