Diversity Statement/Waitlist

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
southernbrunette

Diversity Statement/Waitlist

Postby southernbrunette » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:24 pm

I have a question about waitlists. I have sent 2 LOCIs, my former employee is sending a new LOR and I still haven't heard anything back as far as movement. Would it be smart to write a diversity statement? Any help would be really appreciated! Thank all y'all for the help!

PRgradBYU

Re: Diversity Statement/Waitlist

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:04 pm

southernbrunette wrote:I have a question about waitlists. I have sent 2 LOCIs, my former employee is sending a new LOR and I still haven't heard anything back as far as movement. Would it be smart to write a diversity statement? Any help would be really appreciated! Thank all y'all for the help!

Maybe it's just me, but sending a 3rd LOCI may come off as overbearing... have you had any significant updates to your resume since the time you applied?

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:06 pm

When did you apply and how have you spaced out the first two LOCIs?

What makes you diverse?

southernbrunette

Postby southernbrunette » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:22 pm

My first LOCI I sent about 2 weeks after I got my wait list email, the second about 6 weeks after the first. I haven't had any significant changes since my update on my first LOCI. The second one was more of a why I think I would be a great fit for the school. That's why I'm asking if I should just write a diversity statement and than wait out the next 2 months. What makes me diverse is the fact that I am a first generation college graduate, I grew up hispanic along the border of Mexico, I'm a second generation American, and I served in the military before finishing college in 2 years.

Cylonhunter

Postby Cylonhunter » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:43 pm

I'm also a waitlisted candidate who didn't submit a diversity statement with one of my original applications. I'm going to submit my DS sometime this weekend, I don't really see why it would hurt you.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:34 am

May as well write it

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:19 pm

How exactly are the T14 waitlists working? I thought there was going to be a trickle down effect if other URMs chose to go to T6 schools but it looks like that's not the case at all. I know LSN isn't representative of the whole URM pool but it looks like only a handful of URMs on there got waitlist acceptances anywhere so far.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”