AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
splitter1818
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 10:41 pm

AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby splitter1818 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Im curious to know the chances of an African American Female with these numbers getting in at HYS? GPA is a little low but honors classes were a factor. Attended a state school, numerous extra curricular's (including honors programs), kept a job throughout college etc. I've noticed an abundance of AA's getting in with 3.7's and 163-167 LSAT's; so i'm thinking if my LSAT is considerably higher than the average of the AA's getting into HYS I could have a chance?

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu May 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Super small sample size, but I wouldn't say that you are out of the running. Play around with the numbers a bit to get a better picture for yourself...

Image

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby Br3v » Thu May 16, 2013 11:01 pm

splitter1818 wrote:Im curious to know the chances of an African American Female with these numbers getting in at HYS? GPA is a little low but honors classes were a factor. Attended a state school, numerous extra curricular's (including honors programs), kept a job throughout college etc. I've noticed an abundance of AA's getting in with 3.7's and 163-167 LSAT's; so i'm thinking if my LSAT is considerably higher than the average of the AA's getting into HYS I could have a chance?


check: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

But off the top of my head you seem to stand a great shot. Certainly expect substantial scholarship money from plenty of t14s
God job on the LSAT.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Br3v wrote:
check: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

But off the top of my head you seem to stand a great shot. Certainly expect substantial scholarship money from plenty of t14s
God job on the LSAT.


I mean, that seems like a litttttle too high of praise for a mere 175 :lol:

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby Br3v » Thu May 16, 2013 11:10 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Br3v wrote:
check: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

But off the top of my head you seem to stand a great shot. Certainly expect substantial scholarship money from plenty of t14sGod job on the LSAT.


I mean, that seems like a litttttle too high of praise for a mere 175 :lol:


nah dude, 175 is a 175

edit: woooooooooooosh

good* job OP lol

User avatar
dawyzest1
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby dawyzest1 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:21 am

Br3v wrote:But off the top of my head you seem to stand a great shot. Certainly expect substantial scholarship money from plenty of t14s
God job on the LSAT.


This. Y is a crapshoot and the 3.55 is probably a little low for S, but it's still in the running. I'd feel real good about my chances at H on down. A 175 LSAT makes you one of what, 10 people in the whole AA pool with that score. You will profit from being so unique.

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 am

Enjoy Harvard and big $ at other T14s.

3.5+/165+ this cycle has been almost automatic at Harvard, let alone 10 LSAT pts above that.

qwertyboard
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby qwertyboard » Fri May 17, 2013 12:38 am

So you have to decide between HYS or other T14 with substantial scholarships. Tough decision...

splitter1818
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby splitter1818 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:59 am

Thanks guys, your answers were extremely helpful and encouraging! Harvard Law has been my dream school since the 3rd grade lol. Obviously it shows in my GPA that I kind of lost sight of that dream, but i'm hoping a strong LSAT will save the day.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby Clearly » Fri May 17, 2013 2:02 am

So you haven't taken the LSAT yet?

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri May 17, 2013 7:37 am

I'm really jealous of your LSAT score 8)

Enjoy Harvard.

User avatar
tonton
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:10 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby tonton » Fri May 17, 2013 8:04 am

splitter1818 wrote:Im curious to know the chances of an African American Female with these numbers getting in at HYS? GPA is a little low but honors classes were a factor. Attended a state school, numerous extra curricular's (including honors programs), kept a job throughout college etc. I've noticed an abundance of AA's getting in with 3.7's and 163-167 LSAT's; so i'm thinking if my LSAT is considerably higher than the average of the AA's getting into HYS I could have a chance?


The 175 doesn't yet exist. or does it?

NanaP
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby NanaP » Fri May 17, 2013 8:13 am

I don't think she's taken the test yet. Come back with an actual score

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri May 17, 2013 8:14 am

tonton wrote:
splitter1818 wrote:Im curious to know the chances of an African American Female with these numbers getting in at HYS? GPA is a little low but honors classes were a factor. Attended a state school, numerous extra curricular's (including honors programs), kept a job throughout college etc. I've noticed an abundance of AA's getting in with 3.7's and 163-167 LSAT's; so i'm thinking if my LSAT is considerably higher than the average of the AA's getting into HYS I could have a chance?


The 175 doesn't yet exist. or does it?


I don't think you're correctly understanding her use of that phrase...

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri May 17, 2013 8:16 am

:lol:

User avatar
tonton
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:10 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby tonton » Fri May 17, 2013 8:40 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
tonton wrote:
splitter1818 wrote:Im curious to know the chances of an African American Female with these numbers getting in at HYS? GPA is a little low but honors classes were a factor. Attended a state school, numerous extra curricular's (including honors programs), kept a job throughout college etc. I've noticed an abundance of AA's getting in with 3.7's and 163-167 LSAT's; so i'm thinking if my LSAT is considerably higher than the average of the AA's getting into HYS I could have a chance?


The 175 doesn't yet exist. or does it?


I don't think you're correctly understanding her use of that phrase...


It could be interpreted either way. But if I already had a 175, I would say " so I'm thinking that as my LSAT is considerably...". OP should clarify

PS: I'm really not hating, was about to congratulate her, then noticed the 'if'

User avatar
dawyzest1
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby dawyzest1 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:13 am

tonton wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
tonton wrote:
splitter1818 wrote:Im curious to know the chances of an African American Female with these numbers getting in at HYS? GPA is a little low but honors classes were a factor. Attended a state school, numerous extra curricular's (including honors programs), kept a job throughout college etc. I've noticed an abundance of AA's getting in with 3.7's and 163-167 LSAT's; so i'm thinking if my LSAT is considerably higher than the average of the AA's getting into HYS I could have a chance?


The 175 doesn't yet exist. or does it?


I don't think you're correctly understanding her use of that phrase...


It could be interpreted either way. But if I already had a 175, I would say " so I'm thinking that as my LSAT is considerably...". OP should clarify

PS: I'm really not hating, was about to congratulate her, then noticed the 'if'


Yeah, I'm betting there's no real LSAT score yet.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby Br3v » Fri May 17, 2013 11:03 am

splitter1818 wrote:but i'm hoping a strong LSAT will save the day.


ugh I think you guys may be right. Another one that could be interpreted either way.

User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby unclepete » Fri May 17, 2013 11:25 am

I neeeeeeeed to know if OP got a 175

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri May 17, 2013 12:27 pm

unclepete wrote:I neeeeeeeed to know if OP got a 175

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri May 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
unclepete wrote:I neeeeeeeed to know if OP got a 175

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby Br3v » Fri May 17, 2013 4:42 pm

I would prefer to know if OP got a 175 or not.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: AA Female 3.55 GPA 175 lsat?

Postby amc987 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:41 pm

OP, if you did get a 175 and aren't conjecturing based on your practice scores, you should have an excellent shot at HYS based on numbers. I have a couple of friends (AA women) who are at HYS with 3.5X GPAs and 167/168 LSAT scores. They went to Ivies for UG, but you have a much higher LSAT score.

Just make sure to spend a lot of time on your essays/ resume/ get people who know you well to write your recommendations. I think you'll have some incredible options next winter/ spring!




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest