AA male - Application Timing

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
flat-fifth

AA male - Application Timing

Postby flat-fifth » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:05 pm

IYO, would it be most advantageous for an AA male to apply early (Sept.-Oct.) with a 3.3 gpa or wait for fall grades and apply in Dec./Jan with a 3.4? Would early submission trump the slight gpa bump?

GW1010

Re: AA male - Application Timing

Postby GW1010 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:39 pm

flat-fifth wrote:IYO, would it be most advantageous for an AA male to apply early (Sept.-Oct.) with a 3.3 gpa or wait for fall grades and apply in Dec./Jan with a 3.4? Would early submission trump the slight gpa bump?

Apply early, no doubt about it

dawyzest1

Postby dawyzest1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:03 pm

In your specific case, I'd recommend applying early, since a 3.3 compared to a 3.4 is still in the fat part of the curve and won't make a huge difference. I think the best general rule is to apply as early as you can with the best application as you can muster.

What's your LSAT? It's always hard to give good advice without a GPA and LSAT.

flat-fifth

Postby flat-fifth » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 am

dawyzest1 wrote:In your specific case, I'd recommend applying early, since a 3.3 compared to a 3.4 is still in the fat part of the curve and won't make a huge difference. I think the best general rule is to apply as early as you can with the best application as you can muster.

I test in June. If not 160+ I'll retake in Oct.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 am

+1 GW and dawyzest

flat-fifth wrote:
dawyzest1 wrote:In your specific case, I'd recommend applying early, since a 3.3 compared to a 3.4 is still in the fat part of the curve and won't make a huge difference. I think the best general rule is to apply as early as you can with the best application as you can muster.

I test in June. If not 160+ A score that is very close to the highest score I am possibly capable of, I'll retake in Oct.

FTFY

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Nova wrote:+1 GW and dawyzest

flat-fifth wrote:

I test in June. If not 160+ A score that is very close to the highest score I am possibly capable of, I'll retake in Oct.

FTFY

Good call, Nova. Shoot for the 170s and you'll be looking at an incredible cycle, OP.

flat-fifth

Postby flat-fifth » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
Nova wrote:+1 GW and dawyzest

flat-fifth wrote:

FTFY

Good call, Nova. Shoot for the 170s and you'll be looking at an incredible cycle, OP.

I knew someone would call me on that... :lol:

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”