Decent scholarship money

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
tehkris

Decent scholarship money

Postby tehkris » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

I am a 28 year old black male with a UGPA of 2.7 and am taking the LSAT in June. I have heard many things about potential schools I could get in to. I'm not overly concerned about that but more so of knowing where I need to be for decent scholarship money. The cost of law school is daunting and at times laughable. Good scholarship money would be like my way of saying, "Hey, Law School, if you're gonna F me at least pull my hair back!" I figure unless you are going to a tier 1 school it's going to be networking and classroom success that gets you to where you need to be anyways. I should mention I live in Florida and would like to stay here unless a really good school throws me a bone.

PRgradBYU

Re: Decent scholarship money

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:13 am

tehkris wrote:I am a 28 year old black male with a UGPA of 2.7 and am taking the LSAT in June. I have heard many things about potential schools I could get in to. I'm not overly concerned about that but more so of knowing where I need to be for decent scholarship money. The cost of law school is daunting and at times laughable. Good scholarship money would be like my way of saying, "Hey, Law School, if you're gonna F me at least pull my hair back!" I figure unless you are going to a tier 1 school it's going to be networking and classroom success that gets you to where you need to be anyways. I should mention I live in Florida and would like to stay here unless a really good school throws me a bone.

A sub-3.0 GPA is tough to overcome (even with your AA URM boost), so the best thing you can do is shoot for the 170s and go to the highest bidder.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”