3.3x, AA female, LSAT score?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
gurlja18

3.3x, AA female, LSAT score?

Postby gurlja18 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:29 am

Hi everyone,
what minimum LSAT score would I need to even be considered for Top 7 schools (CCHSYN)? Im retaking the LSAT in June.

thanks

iShotFirst

Re: 3.3x, AA female, LSAT score?

Postby iShotFirst » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:39 am

Dont think about minimum scores. Just work towards getting the best score you can and see what happens. You are committed to retake so thinking about minimum scores can only hamper you.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:42 am

iShotFirst wrote:Dont think about minimum scores. Just work towards getting the best score you can and see what happens. You are committed to retake so thinking about minimum scores can only hamper you.

TCR

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 am

iShotFirst wrote:Dont think about minimum scores. Just work towards getting the best score you can and see what happens. You are committed to retake so thinking about minimum scores can only hamper you.

This.

What you need to do is order the m-lsat prep and study your ass off.

Also I found this thread interesting about AA. It gives specific numbers about blacks and the LSAT.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=195443

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 am

90convoy wrote:

This.

What you need to do is order the m-lsat prep and study your ass off.

Also I found this thread interesting about AA. It gives specific numbers about blacks and the LSAT.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=195443

Yep, that thread is excellent. From it:

Blacks and Law School: By The Numbers Thread wrote:A 164 will put you 2.5 SDs above the mean, a level that only approximately 90 AA’s should reach annually (88 or so did this in 2009-10), assuming a normally distributed sample. You should be very well placed for a shot at the top 14 with a score like this. A glance at my enrollment numbers above will also show that the holy trinity at the top (HYS) accepted 81 black applicants most recently. This indicates that a 164 may (depending on your GPA) give you an outside shot at contending for HYS, and should certainly put you in T6 contention.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”