Marking Nontraditional Applicant on Applications Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
perplexedconfused

New

Marking Nontraditional Applicant on Applications

Post by perplexedconfused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Is there a way to indicate that you are a nontraditional applicant on your applications or lsac profile? Or do you just write some sort of statement indicating you are a nontraditional with your application?

Thanks for any feedback!

vzapana

Silver

Re: Marking Nontraditional Applicant on Applications

Post by vzapana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:Is there a way to indicate that you are a nontraditional applicant on your applications or lsac profile? Or do you just write some sort of statement indicating you are a nontraditional with your application?

Thanks for any feedback!
No box to check, and don't literally say you're a nontraditional student in your app. The adcomms will know your nontraditional (if you really are) after reading your statements/extracurrics/employment history/LORs/etc.

perplexedconfused

New

Post by perplexedconfused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:21 pm

vzapana wrote:
perplexedconfused wrote:Is there a way to indicate that you are a nontraditional applicant on your applications or lsac profile? Or do you just write some sort of statement indicating you are a nontraditional with your application?

Thanks for any feedback!
No box to check, and don't literally say you're a nontraditional student in your app. The adcomms will know your nontraditional (if you really are) after reading your statements/extracurrics/employment history/LORs/etc.
I reached out to a school I applied to, and they said I should write an addendum. Do you have any experience writing an addendum for this sort of thing? Not really sure what to say.

vzapana

Silver

Post by vzapana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:24 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:
vzapana wrote:

Thanks for any feedback!
I reached out to a school I applied to, and they said I should write an addendum. Do you have any experience writing an addendum for this sort of thing? Not really sure what to say.
??? What school? Do they mean a diversity statement?

perplexedconfused

New

Post by perplexedconfused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 pm

vzapana wrote:
perplexedconfused wrote:
vzapana wrote:

Thanks for any feedback!
??? What school? Do they mean a diversity statement?
Arizona State. No, she specifically referred to it as an 'addendum.' Maybe I should write it as a diversity statement?

vzapana

Silver

Post by vzapana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Hm. I guess if she wants a nontraditional student addendum, then do it. But it just surprises me that Arizona adcomms want this. I mean, they can read other parts of the app and easily figure it out. W/e

perplexedconfused

New

Post by perplexedconfused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm

I agree. I was surprised that she asked for that. Should I structure this as a diversity statement? I do not even know where to begin.

vzapana

Silver

Post by vzapana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:I agree. I was surprised that she asked for that. Should I structure this as a diversity statement? I do not even know where to begin.
I imagine so. I can't help you with this department. Good luck.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”