Marking Nontraditional Applicant on Applications

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
perplexedconfused

Marking Nontraditional Applicant on Applications

Postby perplexedconfused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Is there a way to indicate that you are a nontraditional applicant on your applications or lsac profile? Or do you just write some sort of statement indicating you are a nontraditional with your application?

Thanks for any feedback!

vzapana

Re: Marking Nontraditional Applicant on Applications

Postby vzapana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:Is there a way to indicate that you are a nontraditional applicant on your applications or lsac profile? Or do you just write some sort of statement indicating you are a nontraditional with your application?

Thanks for any feedback!

No box to check, and don't literally say you're a nontraditional student in your app. The adcomms will know your nontraditional (if you really are) after reading your statements/extracurrics/employment history/LORs/etc.

perplexedconfused

Postby perplexedconfused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:21 pm

vzapana wrote:
perplexedconfused wrote:Is there a way to indicate that you are a nontraditional applicant on your applications or lsac profile? Or do you just write some sort of statement indicating you are a nontraditional with your application?

Thanks for any feedback!

No box to check, and don't literally say you're a nontraditional student in your app. The adcomms will know your nontraditional (if you really are) after reading your statements/extracurrics/employment history/LORs/etc.

I reached out to a school I applied to, and they said I should write an addendum. Do you have any experience writing an addendum for this sort of thing? Not really sure what to say.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:24 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:
vzapana wrote:

Thanks for any feedback!

I reached out to a school I applied to, and they said I should write an addendum. Do you have any experience writing an addendum for this sort of thing? Not really sure what to say.

??? What school? Do they mean a diversity statement?

perplexedconfused

Postby perplexedconfused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 pm

vzapana wrote:
perplexedconfused wrote:
vzapana wrote:

Thanks for any feedback!

??? What school? Do they mean a diversity statement?

Arizona State. No, she specifically referred to it as an 'addendum.' Maybe I should write it as a diversity statement?

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Hm. I guess if she wants a nontraditional student addendum, then do it. But it just surprises me that Arizona adcomms want this. I mean, they can read other parts of the app and easily figure it out. W/e

perplexedconfused

Postby perplexedconfused » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm

I agree. I was surprised that she asked for that. Should I structure this as a diversity statement? I do not even know where to begin.

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:I agree. I was surprised that she asked for that. Should I structure this as a diversity statement? I do not even know where to begin.

I imagine so. I can't help you with this department. Good luck.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”