Clsoe to Full Ride or Next Cycle? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LegaleZy

New

Clsoe to Full Ride or Next Cycle?

Post by LegaleZy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:53 pm

I am in a little bit of a dilema and would appreciate some advice. I took the December 2012 LSAT and earned a 146. I know absolutely terrible. I have a 3.9 GPA and I will graduate with a double major in less than four years. I have great essays, LOR, and softs, but the LSAT destroyed any chance I have of being accepted into a great law school. Before I recieved my LSAT score I applied to one law school and to my suprise I was accepted with a close to full ride scholarship. It's a regional T-3 school. I had planned to re-take the LSAT in October and reapply next cyle, but I feel I must consider this option. I don't wish to make excuses for my poor LSAT prefomance, but 18 credit hours, working 20 hours, and being an active member of organizations while studying for the LSAT was proablly not the best plan if I wanted a shot at a HYS. Once I graduate in August I can dedicate my full time to studying for the LSAT. I really want a shot at the T-14, but attending law school with out accumilating much debt is certainly attrative. Any advice would be greatly apprecaited. Thank You.

gaud

Platinum

Re: Clsoe to Full Ride or Next Cycle?

Post by gaud » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Retake bro. Don't waste that awesome GPA you've worked for.

Retaking was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Elston Gunn

Gold

Post by Elston Gunn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Definitely retake. Also, the scholarship probably is not a real "close to a full ride" because it probably has some seriously tough stips + you'll still be in the hole 60Kish for cost of living.

jcan91

Bronze

Post by jcan91 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Look at it this way. If you retake and manage to pull off a 165+, you could easily be looking at that same kind of offer, but from a T14!

blackandstrong

Bronze

Post by blackandstrong » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:50 pm

LegaleZy wrote:I am in a little bit of a dilema and would appreciate some advice. I took the December 2012 LSAT and earned a 146. I know absolutely terrible. I have a 3.9 GPA and I will graduate with a double major in less than four years. I have great essays, LOR, and softs, but the LSAT destroyed any chance I have of being accepted into a great law school. Before I recieved my LSAT score I applied to one law school and to my suprise I was accepted with a close to full ride scholarship. It's a regional T-3 school. I had planned to re-take the LSAT in October and reapply next cyle, but I feel I must consider this option. I don't wish to make excuses for my poor LSAT prefomance, but 18 credit hours, working 20 hours, and being an active member of organizations while studying for the LSAT was proablly not the best plan if I wanted a shot at a HYS. Once I graduate in August I can dedicate my full time to studying for the LSAT. I really want a shot at the T-14, but attending law school with out accumilating much debt is certainly attrative. Any advice would be greatly apprecaited. Thank You.
Blah, Blah, Blah. Whatever. Just retake the test, and profit in the long run.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Attending law school with a 146/3.9 would be a terrible life decision

LegaleZy

New

Post by LegaleZy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 pm

It appears the overwhelming consensus is I should re-take. Thanks for the advice.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”