Is it too late for me to apply?!

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
pianogirl

Is it too late for me to apply?!

Postby pianogirl » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi All,
Is it really too late to apply to#25-50 range schools? 164 2.95 gpa. Transcripts are holding up my apps and I dont want to waste fee waivers if I dont have a shot and schoools have already accepted 90% of class.

Thanks!!

jcan91

Re: Is it too late for me to apply?!

Postby jcan91 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Not the most desirable time, but especially since apps are down, I don't think it's too late for you to apply.

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 am

Your cycle would go better if you applied next August.

You would probably get some legit offers this cycle, if your willing to front the cash to find out. Schools that admit you with a 164 or below LSAT median should offer you legit scholarships. Also, its very possible you can do better than 25-50 (this cycle).

Schools will also give you another waiver next cycle if you ask... You should actually ask every school youre interested in for a fee waiver this cycle. Tell them you are a URM with a 164 in your request and they will probably gladly hand one over.

Where are you from? Where would you like to practice? What kind of URM are you?

(I had similar numbers as you last cycle (URM/3.0/16*), applied in late Jan, and got offers better than I expected)

pianogirl

Postby pianogirl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Ah thanks for your encouraging message! Mex URM and willing to move anywhere for school/future employment. I also submitted an addendum for the low GPA which I just found out is even worse in the LSAC world: 2.75 but have good softs.

Thanks for your time!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”