Deleted

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
gurlja18

Deleted

Postby gurlja18 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Deleted
Last edited by gurlja18 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

blackandstrong

Re: 153, 3.39 AA Female

Postby blackandstrong » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:55 pm

gurlja18 wrote:So.. just received my LSAT score, a whoppin 153 :|. I'm already planning on retaking and applying next cycle. But i wanted to know if I had a chance at any top 20 schools? I was thinking of applying to Minnesota just because. I have extensive community service (Americorps) and3 Vice President positions in UG. What do you think?

Even though you're AA, I would retake. You probably won't get into Minnesota, and your softs don't mean much. The only one that may carry some weight is the Americorps service position.

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm

You do have a shot at some of the lower T20s but don't entertain such speculation. It may make you decide to send those apps out this cycle.

Good luck on your retake!

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 pm

I think you should hold off on apps, retake in June, and reapply in August.

Your ceiling is way higher than any outcome you would get from this cycle.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:09 pm

gurlja18 wrote:So.. just received my LSAT score, a whoppin 153 :|. I'm already planning on retaking and applying next cycle. But i wanted to know if I had a chance at any top 20 schools? I was thinking of applying to Minnesota just because. I have extensive community service (Americorps) and3 Vice President positions in UG. What do you think?

If you want, watch my LSN page (it's in my profile) as I have similar stats. Higher GPA (3.41) and lower LSAT (151). I got some incredible advice here and since I can't retake until dec13 and I'm too old (32 this April :roll: ) I decided to roll the dice and apply.

Good luck either way!!

gurlja18

Postby gurlja18 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 am

Thanks for the advice everyone :D . I'll hold off and retake in June.

PickMe!

Postby PickMe! » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 am

JayJones78 wrote:

If you want, watch my LSN page (it's in my profile) as I have similar stats. Higher GPA (3.41) and lower LSAT (151). I got some incredible advice here and since I can't retake until dec13 and I'm too old (32 this April :roll: ) I decided to roll the dice and apply.

Good luck either way!!

This.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 am

PickMe! wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

Good luck either way!!

This.

I'm at 736 views and climbing. Should I feel good about the popularity of my page? :shock:
I was also expecting more trolling 'how dare you' 'you will get denied at all these schools' 'stupid' and other remakes to monitor but only one showed up (and I deleted it)

Shindig13

Postby Shindig13 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:36 am

JayJones,

I appreciate your tone & sense of humor regarding your situation. In a perfect world, people could simply wait it out, take a prep course/study on their own, & retake. But the typical TLS poster is seemingly unaware that some people may have extenuating circumstances and retaking is simply not as easy as it sounds... regardless of how willing someone is to retake. My situation is very similar to yours. I desire to retake, i have purchased more study materials, however my circumstances prohibit me from studying until October. Because I'd already written all essays & gotten all transcripts & LORS in, what harm is there in applying now? Sure, I may not get into the highest ranked school, or full ride tuition, which everyone assumes lead to insurmountable debt & a degree from worthless school. But thats not necessarily the case for all. & you never know until you try. If at the end of your cycle, you are not happy with your options, you are mature enough to discern whether or not you should wait it out. But as far as I am concerned, God is in control of my life & any future opportunities. He can open any door that He sees fit when he desires. My life isnt based on human effort & what i can personally do to attain goals, but what God guides and decides. If the time is not now for me, i can accept that :-).

--156/3.64 - Troll on.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:42 am

Shindig13 wrote:JayJones,

I appreciate your tone & sense of humor regarding your situation. In a perfect world, people could simply wait it out, take a prep course/study on their own, & retake. But the typical TLS poster is seemingly unaware that some people may have extenuating circumstances and retaking is simply not as easy as it sounds... regardless of how willing someone is to retake. My situation is very similar to yours. I desire to retake, i have purchased more study materials, however my circumstances prohibit me from studying until October. Because I'd already written all essays & gotten all transcripts & LORS in, what harm is there in applying now? Sure, I may not get into the highest ranked school, or full ride tuition, which everyone assumes lead to insurmountable debt & a degree from worthless school. But thats not necessarily the case for all. & you never know until you try. If at the end of your cycle, you are not happy with your options, you are mature enough to discern whether or not you should wait it out. But as far as I am concerned, God is in control of my life & any future opportunities. He can open any door that He sees fit when he desires. My life isnt based on human effort & what i can personally do to attain goals, but what God guides and decides. If the time is not now for me, i can accept that :-).

--156/3.64 - Troll on.

Thank you for a meaningful response. I greatly appreciate it. I don't want to jump on the OPs thread since I have my own active thread here but I agree with you, esp with your final words and with the fact at the end of the cycle one can decide what to do. I have faith and I believe things will happen as they are supposed to do.
Thanks again!

P.S: if you want to share your LSN page or where you applied, feel free to PM me.

talesofyore

Postby talesofyore » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Last edited by talesofyore on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Retake. Look at the LSAT study section of this site.

gurlja18

Postby gurlja18 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 pm

I feel like I have exhausted most of the PTs. How can I make my studying more effective this time around?

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”