CLEO 2013

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:55 am

Anyone doing CLEO applying to TX schools?

NonTradJBW
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NonTradJBW » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 pm

I was notified of my acceptance on February 8th. I'm unsure if I will attend since the law school that I've been accepted to has a similar program that they offer to minority students for free. If it weren't for the fact that I have small children, I would probably go to the program.

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:58 am

Has anybody recieved their assignment yet?

FutureAggieLawyer
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby FutureAggieLawyer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 pm

I received my email today saying I was accepted. I'm sending out my money tomorrow! :D :D :D

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:19 pm

FutureAggieLawyer wrote:I received my email today saying I was accepted. I'm sending out my money tomorrow! :D :D :D



Congrats!!

mrsjcgonzales
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby mrsjcgonzales » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:41 pm

law1992 wrote:Has anybody recieved their assignment yet?

I was told I would get an assignment by the third week in February but still have not heard anything.

mrsjcgonzales
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby mrsjcgonzales » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:48 pm

sdphill wrote:Since I am really in this sub-forum, you all are more than welcome to ask me questions about CLEO 2012. I attended the program this past summer.

I have a lot of questions and thank you for offering to answer them. My questions are:
1. Would you recommend it?
2. What did you like most about it?
3. What did you dislike?
4. Are scholarships offered once you complete the program? If so, what are the qualifications?
5. Did you enroll in law school fall 2012? If so, was the summer institute helpful?

Thank you!

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Yea they are taking forever! I was told I would receive something last week and I still haven't. I heard that this program really helps people that get waitlisted which might be my case. And I heard there are scholarships after if you will do fairly well in the program.

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Still waiting to see if accepted

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Wait were we supposed to send a CAS report from LSAC along with sending $30???

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby HankBashir » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:56 pm

NewYorkL wrote:Wait were we supposed to send a CAS report from LSAC along with sending $30???


Yep. They need your CAS report. I didn't see anything about them needing LORs though, but i sent a few along just in case. The Council for Legal Education Opportunity is listed under non-ABA schools

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:14 pm

HankBashir wrote:
NewYorkL wrote:Wait were we supposed to send a CAS report from LSAC along with sending $30???


Yep. They need your CAS report. I didn't see anything about them needing LORs though, but i sent a few along just in case. The Council for Legal Education Opportunity is listed under non-ABA schools



Wow thanks. On the instructions I don't believe it said anything about paying the $21 for the CAS report and I thought all I have to do was just select it from the nonmemeber schools list. Shiiit.

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby HankBashir » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:26 pm

They placed me in Mississippi. Anybody else?

mrsjcgonzales
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby mrsjcgonzales » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:22 pm

I will be in Atlanta, who else is joining me?

law1992
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby law1992 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:27 am

In Mississippi!

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Just got accepted. Wondering how long it will take to find out where I'll be going.

nyc_girl
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby nyc_girl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Accepted to CLEO and placed in Georgia! :D

Anyone hear back from any of the schools they applied to?/ Does anyone know how Fordham views CLEO applicants? Will they reconsider your application if you do well in the program? Thanks!

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:14 pm

nyc_girl wrote:Accepted to CLEO and placed in Georgia! :D

Anyone hear back from any of the schools they applied to?/ Does anyone know how Fordham views CLEO applicants? Will they reconsider your application if you do well in the program? Thanks!


Hoping for the same thing with Fordham.

nyc_girl
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby nyc_girl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Sigh, I hope it goes well for you too NewYorkL. I just got rejected from Fordham, but keeping my fingers crossed about a reconsideration (although that might be really optimistic).

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:14 pm

nyc_girl wrote:Sigh, I hope it goes well for you too NewYorkL. I just got rejected from Fordham, but keeping my fingers crossed about a reconsideration (although that might be really optimistic).



Well I haven't heard from Fordham yet but my numbers are terrible so we might be in the same boat.

nyc_girl
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby nyc_girl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:19 pm

NewYorkL wrote:
nyc_girl wrote:Sigh, I hope it goes well for you too NewYorkL. I just got rejected from Fordham, but keeping my fingers crossed about a reconsideration (although that might be really optimistic).



Well I haven't heard from Fordham yet but my numbers are terrible so we might be in the same boat.



Ahh gotcha! Well there are always other schools that LOVE CLEO kids- hopefully that helps us both out.

moi2014
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby moi2014 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Just FYI... Fordham Law definitely shows love to CLEO Students. I met one of the Assistant Directors of Admission at a CLEO function here in NY and he was awesome. I spoke to him after the forum and he answered all my questions frankly. I was concerned about my non-stellar LSAT score. He then told me to make sure to shoot him an email once I submitted the application, which I did. I also had a few questions thereafter and he responded to my emails rather quickly.

I just found out I got accepted this afternoon.

So for all of you out there.... don't lose hope!

I can't speak enough good things about CLEO, they helped me proofread my personal statement. I made great contacts via CLEO Connections and ASAP 2010 (yes, it's taken me a minute to get enough gumption to apply). I'll be applying to Attitude is Essential as well. CLEO was a great resource and I'll definitely be giving back with my time and help in the future.

Stick with it you all! Good Luck!

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby sdphill » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

I did CLEO in Mississippi this past summer. If any of you have questions about the program, Ole Miss, or anything of that nature, feel free to ask on here or in a message..

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby HankBashir » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:59 am

sdphill wrote:I did CLEO in Mississippi this past summer. If any of you have questions about the program, Ole Miss, or anything of that nature, feel free to ask on here or in a message..


What's the housing like at Ole Miss?

User avatar
NewYorkL
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: CLEO 2013

Postby NewYorkL » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 am

I paid my seat deposit by the deadline I think was March 21st. Still haven't heard where I'll be going.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests