Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:26 am

Thread title is self-explanatory. Feel free to extrapolate on your decision a bit - specifically in the context of URM admissions if possible.

User avatar
gguuueessttt
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Thread title is self-explanatory. Feel free to extrapolate on your decision a bit - specifically in the context of URM admissions if possible.


3.6/172 assuming no retake.

if a retake is part of the equation, obviously 3.9/169 is way better.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby rad lulz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 am

gguuueessttt wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Thread title is self-explanatory. Feel free to extrapolate on your decision a bit - specifically in the context of URM admissions if possible.


3.6/172 assuming no retake.

if a retake is part of the equation, obviously 3.9/169 is way better.

No because stats show that schools don't care.

elcee1987
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby elcee1987 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 am

If I'm debating between these two options, I'd probably rather have a life. You're dealing with some pretty similar options, both of which are plenty competitive for most law schools, especially if you're a URM.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby 20130312 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 am

No one has ever had to make the decision of whether to get a 3.9/169 or a 3.6/172. Stop screwing around and study for your LSAT. Let us know what you get.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby M458 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:28 am

The 3.9 can retake...the 3.6 is stuck with the 3.6.

blackandstrong
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby blackandstrong » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

InGoodFaith wrote:No one has ever had to make the decision of whether to get a 3.9/169 or a 3.6/172. Stop screwing around and study for your LSAT. Let us know what you get.


I think if you don't have anything thing useful to say, and only want to denigrate the OP, then you should NOT post.

Anyway, I feel that their both competitive for a URM. You'll be at HYS either way.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby 20130312 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 am

blackandstrong wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:No one has ever had to make the decision of whether to get a 3.9/169 or a 3.6/172. Stop screwing around and study for your LSAT. Let us know what you get.


I think if you don't have anything thing useful to say, and only want to denigrate the OP, then you should NOT post.

Anyway, I feel that their both competitive for a URM. You'll be at HYS either way.

I think if you don't have anything thing [sic] useful to say, and only want to pose a useless hypothetical, then you should NOT post.

User avatar
hume85
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby hume85 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
blackandstrong wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:No one has ever had to make the decision of whether to get a 3.9/169 or a 3.6/172. Stop screwing around and study for your LSAT. Let us know what you get.


I think if you don't have anything thing useful to say, and only want to denigrate the OP, then you should NOT post.

Anyway, I feel that their both competitive for a URM. You'll be at HYS either way.

I think if you don't have anything thing [sic] useful to say, and only want to pose a useless hypothetical, then you should NOT post.


I hate to agree with InGoodFaith, but this thread is kind of stupid. No offense OP.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby 20130312 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:02 am

Also, I like how someone told OP to "get a life," yet apparently I'm the bad guy who's "denigrating" the OP by pointing out that this thread is useless.

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Would you rather have a 3.9/169 or 3.6/172?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:01 pm

No offense taken to any of the comments. I had just finished a full PT, was bored, and wanted to pick TLS's brain on which admission factor they would rather have a +(.)3 on if possible.

Thanks everyone for your input.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raidr and 1 guest