(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
bertrussell

Postby bertrussell » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Last edited by bertrussell on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Manhattanman

Re: Help a Brother out. AA/White Bi-racial Male, 3.6 and 168.

Postby Manhattanman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm

bertrussell wrote:I attend an Ivy and would to know where I should apply given my stats. I want to earn a PhD too / go into academia so chances for Harvard, Stanford, Chicago would be much appreciated. Does checking the "White" box on my application eliminate the URM boost? I am probably doing Teach for America next year and want to know whether I should apply now or in 2 years. In other words, does having completed TFA boost my chances of being accepted at HSC enough that it makes sense to wait it out?

What other schools should I be taking a hard look at?

Thanks for the help.

What, exactly, is Bi-racial?

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Congrats. You probably won't get Yale but you'll probably get Harvard. Great chance at Stanford. Definitely in at the top 14's lower than those 3.

Frankly, in this economy don't pick any schools over Harvard, Yale, or Stanford.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 pm

don't check the white box.

As for Teach For America, if that is something you're interested in, go for it. It's a good soft, but you have good stats and should have excellent options for law school. But it will be there in two years.

PickledPanda

Postby PickledPanda » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:23 pm

justonemoregame wrote:don't check the white box.

As for Teach For America, if that is something you're interested in, go for it. It's a good soft, but you have good stats and should have excellent options for law school. But it will be there in two years.

What the hell? He said he considers himself biracial, he should check the boxes he has been identifying with/actually is.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 pm

PickledPanda wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:don't check the white box.

What the hell? He said he considers himself biracial, he should check the boxes he has been identifying with/actually is.

Sorry, I originally read it as OP choosing one or the other.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”