Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
angflos
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby angflos » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Hey Guys,

I just took the LSAT for the first time and scored 167 in October. My goal was 170 so that is a bit disappointing since I was VERY close. I went to Hampshire College so I have no GPA. I think I'll have strong LORs and softs (I was approved for fee waivers at Stanford and LSAC so I'm pretty poor.) Anyone wanna take a guess what my chances are?

Thanks.

Manhattanman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby Manhattanman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:48 pm

angflos wrote:Hey Guys,

I just took the LSAT for the first time and scored 167 in October. My goal was 170 so that is a bit disappointing since I was VERY close. I went to Hampshire College so I have no GPA. I think I'll have strong LORs and softs (I was approved for fee waivers at Stanford and LSAC so I'm pretty poor.) Anyone wanna take a guess what my chances are?

Thanks.


T14 and down. But e mail schools and ask for waivers. If you got an LSAC waiver, and I believe those are difficult to get, you should have no trouble getting a need based waiver from most schools. Good luck.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby twenty » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 pm

MA URM with no GPA. You're pretty much as close to my competition as it gets. ;)

That said, good luck!

angflos
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby angflos » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Manhattanman wrote:
angflos wrote:Hey Guys,

I just took the LSAT for the first time and scored 167 in October. My goal was 170 so that is a bit disappointing since I was VERY close. I went to Hampshire College so I have no GPA. I think I'll have strong LORs and softs (I was approved for fee waivers at Stanford and LSAC so I'm pretty poor.) Anyone wanna take a guess what my chances are?

Thanks.


T14 and down. But e mail schools and ask for waivers. If you got an LSAC waiver, and I believe those are difficult to get, you should have no trouble getting a need based waiver from most schools. Good luck.


I have my LSAC waivers which covers most schools I think.

Dude above, post your numbers, did you go to Hamp??

nananana
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby nananana » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:50 pm

what percentage was your score of 167? That matters a little bit too.

angflos
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby angflos » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 pm

nananana wrote:what percentage was your score of 167? That matters a little bit too.


94th percentile, I think its more like 94.5, since 168 is 96th (I was so damn close to my 170 goal!!)

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby Nova » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:56 pm

nananana wrote:what percentage was your score of 167? That matters a little bit too.


wut?

if you mean percentile, its the 94.Xth

if you mean raw score, it doesnt mater at all.

angflos
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby angflos » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Nova wrote:
nananana wrote:what percentage was your score of 167? That matters a little bit too.


wut?

if you mean percentile, its the 94.Xth

if you mean raw score, it doesnt mater at all.


Yeah I read that fast, did you mean percentile?

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Puerto Rican 167 No GPA

Postby twenty » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 pm

angflos wrote:Dude above, post your numbers, did you go to Hamp??


No, but similar situation -- another east coast school that didn't give grades.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Back2California, HarvardHopeful95 and 2 guests