Character and Fitness

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
kaf5250

Character and Fitness

Postby kaf5250 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Soo back in my sophomore year I got written up for drinking in the dorms, nothing happened with the police or anyone just had to take an alcohol class on campus. I have no idea what to write in my addenda describing this incident, do I just write a succinct summary of what happened or does it have to be a big thing about what I learned from it and all of that. Is anyone else in the same boat? What did you write? HELP!

Nova

Re: Character and Fitness

Postby Nova » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Honestly that incident is so minor it doesnt matter. No one cares. write two lines, and be done with it.

On XXX, I was ticketed for XXX.

kaf5250

Postby kaf5250 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:54 pm

thank you ! I think I'm just going to say on XYZ date I received a residence life violation at XYZ school for possession of alcohol. After meeting with my residence life officer I was required to complete a two-day alcohol class, the standard punishment for this type of violation. My housing contract was also put under review. After the assigned probationary period I was taken off contract review and no subsequent incidences have occurred.

Does that sound good or does it sound like I don't really give a crap and I'm not taking it seriously? Do you think any adcomms are even going to care? I feel like this is a common thing that happens to undergrads in the dorms haha

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Sounds good to me

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”