(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:54 pm

What are my chances.
I'm an AA male, 23 years old.
Double Major- Criminal Justice/Psychology
Last edited by toshiroh on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

usfvictor

Re: 2.92 LSDAS GPA LSAT-162

Postby usfvictor » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:58 pm

that and being debt averse lol. I'm not going to a t-14 but if you want to know your chances check out lawschoolnumbers.com . for FSU it shows you have a decent chance of getting accepted.

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:06 pm

OP, how do you intend to use your law degree? Why is FSU your top choice?

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 pm

BlaqBella wrote:OP, how do you intend to use your law degree? Why is FSU your top choice?

In state tuition is the main case. I can't pay 40,000 a year, and FSU is the second best Law school in Florida, with UF topping them for the number one spot.

As far as the use of the law degree, I wanted to focus my concentration in international law, but again that seems useless unless you go to a T-14 school.

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 pm

toshiroh wrote:What are my chances.
I'm an AA male, 23 years old.
Double Major- Criminal Justice/Psychology

I've been out of school for a year, working with the Mental Health Court and clients who are (NGI or Incompetent to proceed.)

My top choice was Florida State University, but now I'm second guessing after reading this site. Everyone acts as if you don't go to a T-14 you might as well not go to law school.

naw man theres nothing wrong with going to a strong regional if you keep the debt low, know what your realistic employment chances are, and bust your balls there. If you can lock up a full ride at FSU or even Florida might bite at that LSAT score, then I say go for it assuming your not going to be racketing up ridiculous COL debt. If you aren't able to maintain the stipulations on your scholarship then I would say that you should really consider dropping out. Look at law school transparency see how man attorneys at this school are getting jobs. You will probably need to note that most these jobs will be starting out at less than $60,000 per year. There's nothing wrong with making 45-60k on 60k debt if law is something you really want to peruse. If you want to get rich then maybe you should have majored in finance. HTH

Edit: A school like Vandy might bite with like a 20k scholly if you got in because of your lsat score although idk if it can make up for the low gpa. However, there probably aren't too many 160+ lsat black males applying there so you might want to send them an app if you'd consider anywhere else than Florida.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”