3.6/152 black female URM T14 hope? T50 chances?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)

3.6/152 black female URM T14 hope? T50 chances?

Postby downwithflames43 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:58 am

Hey, new to TLS and wanting to get an idea of what my safety-fit-reach schools should be. I hear so much about URM's getting anywhere from a 3-10 LSAT point increase so it's really hard to figure out where I stand...

I immigrated from Nigeria when I was young and I'm still a Nigerian citizen. I graduated from a top large public university with a 3.6 GPA (history major) and got a 152 the first time I took the LSAT. I retook it today but don't feel that great so am considering what my options are with my current score.

I have good (great?) softs pertaining to school (founded an on campus IA journal, several leadership positions, 2 of which I was the first black female elected in the school's history, 2 major research projects and 1 publication) and outside of school (complicated immigration ordeal that lead me to have to work ~30 hours a week my last 2 years of school to support myself). I have 1 great and 2 good recs and I feel confident in my ability to write a great personal statement. I plan on having all my apps in by mid November.

I want to work in government or public interest in the Northeast so,

1. Given my numbers and softs, which one of the following T14, if any, would I have the best shot at? What if I ED?

2. Which one of the following T15-50 would I have the best shot at? What if I ED?
George Washington
Boston University
Boston College
William and Mary
Gorge Mason

3. What, if anything, can I do at this point to boost my chances of T50 success? Given my URM status, background and interests, are there any schools that I should consider looking at that I didn't list?

Re: 3.6/152 black female URM T14 hope? T50 chances?

Postby 20121109 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”