December too late for LSAT?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
quinnmittens

December too late for LSAT?

Postby quinnmittens » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Author removed post
Last edited by quinnmittens on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paradoxpredator

Re: December too late for LSAT?

Postby paradoxpredator » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Wow, 42 reads and no answers. Either people are haters and don't want to help or they truly don't know. Call the schools you are interested in and ask them. I hear it goes both ways like a bisexual. So Yes and No.

Yes, as in Law schools have quotas. So once their URM seats are packed, they start rejecting URM's like a football team rejects a white man trying out as a running back.

No, as in URM's with decent numbers are getting in period. Rather it be early or late in the cycle.

But this is just what I hear. I would just hop in the game early.

"I'm running through her purse like Frank Gore for the first."

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quinnmittens

Postby quinnmittens » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm

rebexness wrote:URM cycles are super hard to predict, regardless of when you take your test.

Your GPA matters a lot, as do the schools you hope to attend. If you have everything ready to submit the minute the DEC scores come out, you are probably not TOO late, if the score works out in your favor, and the LSAC doesn't bone you like they did to us last year in Dec.

Finally some answers. Do you know what happened last year?

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Not URM but I applied after the december test and got YP'd way harder than I would have expected and also more or less underperformed for my numbers. If you have something useful to do I'd say its worth taking december seeing how you do and then applying next cycle.

quinnmittens

Postby quinnmittens » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm

paradoxpredator wrote:Wow, 42 reads and no answers. Either people are haters and don't want to help or they truly don't know. Call the schools you are interested in and ask them. I hear it goes both ways like a bisexual. So Yes and No.

Yes, as in Law schools have quotas. So once their URM seats are packed, they start rejecting URM's like a football team rejects a white man trying out as a running back.

No, as in URM's with decent numbers are getting in period. Rather it be early or late in the cycle.

But this is just what I hear. I would just hop in the game early.

"I'm running through her purse like Frank Gore for the first."

"white running backs" lol

quinnmittens

Postby quinnmittens » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm

FlanAl wrote:Not URM but I applied after the december test and got YP'd way harder than I would have expected and also more or less underperformed for my numbers. If you have something useful to do I'd say its worth taking december seeing how you do and then applying next cycle.

What is YP'd?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Wait until you have peaked.

An above median LSAT in January >>>>>>>>>>>> A below median LSAT in November.

twenty

Postby twenty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:23 am

Oh Christ.

paradoxpredator wrote:Call the schools you are interested in and ask them.

They'll definitely tell you to read that part on their website where they explicitly give an application deadline and explicitly say that applying earlier is better than not.

I hear it goes both ways like a bisexual.

what the...

Yes, as in Law schools have quotas. So once their URM seats are packed,

Law schools don't have "quotas", they accept URMs around their medians (incidentally, generally stocked by non-URMs). That's part of the reason they wait until frigging April to accept URMs under both medians, minus Duke's priority track thing. "Oh, you're a URM above both medians? That's a shame... we just finished accepting a kid below both medians -- if only you'd applied sooner!" doesn't happen.

they start rejecting URM's like a football team rejects a white man trying out as a running back.

And by "reject" you mean "waitlist", because strong, albeit below median, URMs basically never get rejected anywhere except for HYS and (very uniquely) Berkeley.

Phlash58

Postby Phlash58 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:42 am

The poster immediately above me sums it up pretty well.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”