Question about LSAC GPA

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
chukkrox

Question about LSAC GPA

Postby chukkrox » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:46 am

I graduate in May, and I was planning to travel to do a year of post-graduation study in Argentina next year to learn Spanish as well as take a mental break before I start law school. The program I would be using is offered through my university. The thing is, I would be attending some college classes while in Argentina as part of the study abroad program. I managed to hold on to a pretty good GPA throughout college and I would like to keep it that way. My concern is that taking any type of graded course work while studying abroad (which would likely not be high considering the language barrier) would impact the GPA I receive from LSAC. Should I be concerned about this? Or is it not that deep since I would have already graduated with a degree? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated and a sincere thank you to the people who run this site. It takes away a lot of the mysticism surrounding this process.

jetissent

Re: Question about LSAC GPA

Postby jetissent » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:49 am

chukkrox wrote:I graduate in May, and I was planning to travel to do a year of post-graduation study in Argentina next year to learn Spanish as well as take a mental break before I start law school. The program I would be using is offered through my university. The thing is, I would be attending some college classes while in Argentina as part of the study abroad program. I managed to hold on to a pretty good GPA throughout college and I would like to keep it that way. My concern is that taking any type of graded course work while studying abroad (which would likely not be high considering the language barrier) would impact the GPA I receive from LSAC. Should I be concerned about this? Or is it not that deep since I would have already graduated with a degree? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated and a sincere thank you to the people who run this site. It takes away a lot of the mysticism surrounding this process.

If your already graduated it won't affect you're LSAC GPA.

dowu

Re: Question about LSAC GPA

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:00 am

jetissent wrote:
chukkrox wrote:I graduate in May, and I was planning to travel to do a year of post-graduation study in Argentina next year to learn Spanish as well as take a mental break before I start law school. The program I would be using is offered through my university. The thing is, I would be attending some college classes while in Argentina as part of the study abroad program. I managed to hold on to a pretty good GPA throughout college and I would like to keep it that way. My concern is that taking any type of graded course work while studying abroad (which would likely not be high considering the language barrier) would impact the GPA I receive from LSAC. Should I be concerned about this? Or is it not that deep since I would have already graduated with a degree? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated and a sincere thank you to the people who run this site. It takes away a lot of the mysticism surrounding this process.

If your already graduated it won't affect you're LSAC GPA.

+1. LSAC uses only those grades received before your first bachelor's degree.

Enjoy your travels/studies!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”