GAIA’s Guide to URM Admissions, 1L and OCI Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
femmefatale

Bronze

Re: GAIA’s Guide to URM Admissions, 1L and OCI

Post by femmefatale » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:21 am

Thank you for this post GAIA. I will definitely be referring to this throughout my cycle. This has definitely instilled some renewed hope in me. Non-URM's often tell me that my 3.4 GPA has doomed me, where the T-14 is concerned.

Your post says otherwise.

theInnerCircle

New

Post by theInnerCircle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:02 am

very interesting thread. question:

anyone care to comment on 50/50-ORM/URM? advice? experience as such? do you game the system a bit (consistently identify as URM)?

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:06 am

theInnerCircle wrote:very interesting thread. question:

anyone care to comment on 50/50-ORM/URM? advice? experience as such? do you game the system a bit (consistently identify as URM)?
Check all boxes that apply. "Gaming the system" can come to bite you in the ass come C&F time.

theInnerCircle

New

Post by theInnerCircle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:13 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
theInnerCircle wrote:very interesting thread. question:

Check all boxes that apply. "Gaming the system" can come to bite you in the ass come C&F time.

while i didn't read it in this thread specifically, asian = ORM, correct? also, please explain c&f. n00b here.

anyone else care to comment?

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 am

Yes, asian = ORM

C&F is the Character and Fitness portion of the bar. They dislike dishonesty and misrepresentation, like a lot.

greatspirit

Bronze

Post by greatspirit » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:33 am

Great post GAIA, very helpful.

I am interested in petitioning my registrar for a retroactive withdrawal. Would you mind talking over PM on tips on how to go about that?

cc78

Silver

Post by cc78 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:32 pm

greatspirit wrote:Great post GAIA, very helpful.

I am interested in petitioning my registrar for a retroactive withdrawal. Would you mind talking over PM on tips on how to go about that?
I just saw a post about retroactive withdrawal in another thread, so search around and you'll find something more live. GAIA is likely gone...not only is she like 2 years post graduation, but she also got into some serious TLS hot water regarding LSAT stuff if I'm not mistaken.

Atmosphere

Silver

Post by Atmosphere » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:35 pm

cc78 wrote:
greatspirit wrote:Great post GAIA, very helpful.

I just saw a post about retroactive withdrawal in another thread, so search around and you'll find something more live. GAIA is likely gone...not only is she like 2 years post graduation, but she also got into some serious TLS hot water regarding LSAT stuff if I'm not mistaken.
Haha yep, definitely gone, the infos definitely around here though!

legallyblack

New

Post by legallyblack » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:19 pm

This is really helpful. Thanks for making the guide.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”