Urm status in merit-based fee request?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
kcam1991

Urm status in merit-based fee request?

Postby kcam1991 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:24 am

Wanted to know if this was ok and how to go about doing this gracefully

Nova

Re: Urm status in merit-based fee request?

Postby Nova » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:00 pm

I think it would be ok. Throwing in "I am an African American female with a _____ LSAC GPA and a _______ LSAT." somewhere sounds fine to me.

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:56 pm

I didn't. You don't need it.

Edit: Just realized I already commented in another post. You can if you want, but I don't think its necessary (but then again, I'm always hesitant to mention my race because I don't want people to think I'm playing the race card). If that's what you really want to do, the way Nova suggested is fine, but just so you know, I never mentioned my URM status and was only declined one fee waiver (because they didn't grant them to anyone). Do what is comfortable. (wow I typed a lot...)

clarion

Postby clarion » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Ok I know I'm a little late to the thread, but if that's really your LSAT score (172) and you're a URM of any sort, you REALLY won't need to solicit any merit-based fee waivers. Idk when you tested, but I tested in June and I believe I received waivers all the way until like... Sept/Oct? The point being, if you did take in June, there's really no need to worry about that just yet. I think over summer I'd only received waivers from a handful (though ultimately from just about every school that offers them). They'll be coming by barrel-load before you know it

kcam1991

Postby kcam1991 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:32 pm

clarion wrote:Ok I know I'm a little late to the thread, but if that's really your LSAT score (172) and you're a URM of any sort, you REALLY won't need to solicit any merit-based fee waivers. Idk when you tested, but I tested in June and I believe I received waivers all the way until like... Sept/Oct? The point being, if you did take in June, there's really no need to worry about that just yet. I think over summer I'd only received waivers from a handful (though ultimately from just about every school that offers them). They'll be coming by barrel-load before you know it

Yes I took in June thanks. I just a really paranoid person and I don't have much to do this summer. Thanks for the encouragement, I'll relax.

ru1ess

Postby ru1ess » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:00 am

Yeah, you have no worries, prob will get the whole if not most of the t-14 excluding yale and stanford

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”