3.61 158 PR Male Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Rascalicious

New

3.61 158 PR Male

Post by Rascalicious » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:59 pm

I absolutely tanked the June LSAT. Definitely not what I was expecting so I'm retaking in October and honestly I don't want T14 anymore. The pressure is too much. The LSAT was mentally exhausting and even then I thought I had gotten a mid-160 at least because that's where I was PTing and I didn't even feel nervous save for the daze I was in in the first few sections.

Anyway. I'm just curious. What would I get right now? UMN ED? GW? Washington? Notre Dame?
I know it's inadvisable to attend those schools at sticker price because of lesser biglaw prospects and I don't event want biglaw anymore because if preparing for the LSAT will give me such stress, three years of law school will give me incredible stress, and biglaw would drive me to drink. I think law school is going to make me insane so I just want T30 w/ significant $$$ so I can get an average job.

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Re: 3.61 158 PR Male

Post by mcdeeremitch » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I'll be the first to chime in and break the bad news...with a 158 you are going to be very hard pressed to land $$$ on any T-30...with a 158 you should expect very little maybe a 1/4th scholly and be shocked and blessed if you land more

speaking on schools you are all over the place..(Seattle, Minn. DC, Notre Dame) if you really dont want biglaw you should try and nail down what region you want to practice in and target schools in that area

and if you really dont want to retake the lsat..you need to start now crafting a killer ps, ds, and rec letters...and submit apps on first day if possible

Rascalicious

New

Re: 3.61 158 PR Male

Post by Rascalicious » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:04 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:I'll be the first to chime in and break the bad news...with a 158 you are going to be very hard pressed to land $$$ on any T-30...with a 158 you should expect very little maybe a 1/4th scholly and be shocked and blessed if you land more
I figured as much. I'm retaking and hopefully getting the low-mid 160 I need in October.
I don't really have a regional preference. I'll work just about anywhere. At this point I want to go to the T30 that I get the best offer at.
I wouldn't consider T14 if I somehow slipped in unless I got significant $ because this June LSAT has made me seriously question my ability to get better grades than my peers in law school.

So how would you predict my cycle at this moment?
Minnesota
George Washington
Washington
Notre Dame

Think I have a chance to snag 2 or more of them? Do I have a good chance for any of them with my current stats?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”