. Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hume85

Silver

Re: The Post that Should Not Be

Post by hume85 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:58 pm

Wormfather wrote:
MTH2 wrote:Score update?
Embarrassed, humbled, defeated. 158. Went from between -2 and -4 in LR on PTs to a combined -12 (rushed, didnt read all of the answer choices). Only highlight is that I had only prepped for 6 weeks (first of which was finals week). Other good news is that at test time I was PTing -10 to -14 on LG after powerscore course, test day was -10. Going to do velocity and get that to -0.

I would say more, but it's all just excuses until I actually have a score that reflects what I hope is my true ability.

Until then, thanks for the advice and sorry for wasting everyone's time.

My "crush law school" comment seems like absolute hubris right now.
I understand embarrassed and humbled, but I always felt that defeated is a term that should be reserved for when the war has been lost; you only lost a battle. You went from -2 to -4 to -12. Obviously, you can do much better than a 158.

EdgarWinter

Bronze

Post by EdgarWinter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 pm

It sucks to underperform but you can come back. If you are testing somewhere local in October try to see if you can get into a test room to take a practice test a few days before. It can help to be familiar with the setting. Also if you are having huge anxiety issues you could try to take practice tests while also having taken some over-the-counter pill or (legal lol) herb or tea or something that chills you out. Don't do this for the first time during the test ofc. It would be bad to take something that causes drowsiness and find out about it halfway through the LG section.

TheProsecutor

Bronze

Post by TheProsecutor » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Wormfather wrote:Thanks guys, already working on the October rematch. Yeah, defeated is a bad term when the final chapter is still to be written.

Still cant believe that I broke form and stopped reading all the answer choices on LR.

Try setting the test aside for a while. For me, something clicked after I stopped studying for a while.

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Wormfather wrote:Thanks guys, already working on the October rematch. Yeah, defeated is a bad term when the final chapter is still to be written.

Still cant believe that I broke form and stopped reading all the answer choices on LR.
Worm, you know you got this! :)

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:01 am

Honey_Badger wrote:

Worm, you know you got this! :)

pearla

New

Post by pearla » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Congrats on HLS! So glad you did not give up! :D

Nova

Platinum

Re: Advice

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Thats amazing, Worm!!!

You deserve it.