CHANCE ME! I cry at nite thinkin bout my chances

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: CHANCE ME! I cry at nite thinkin bout my chances

Postby Verity » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:26 pm

ITT, OP asks for advice on how to weasel into a TTT at sticker.

Don't go to law school.

User avatar
jackattack17
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: CHANCE ME! I cry at nite thinkin bout my chances

Postby jackattack17 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 pm

OP, are you a GA resident? That will be a significant boost for GA State as well.

But, if you really were PTing at 170 and only scored 160, and want to solidify your chances at GA State, you should retake. As above posters have said, you should have a very good shot if you get even a 163-164

jgloster
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: CHANCE ME! I cry at nite thinkin bout my chances

Postby jgloster » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:26 pm

jackattack17 wrote:OP, are you a GA resident? That will be a significant boost for GA State as well.

But, if you really were PTing at 170 and only scored 160, and want to solidify your chances at GA State, you should retake. As above posters have said, you should have a very good shot if you get even a 163-164


on the georgia state website, it says residency doesn't matter. I wish it did tho.

Verity wrote:ITT, OP asks for advice on how to weasel into a TTT at sticker.

Don't go to law school.


GA State isn't TTT. It's ranked 60th. And Im not trying to weasel.
Nova wrote:If you really did score a 160 in Feb after consistently PTing @ ~170, you are seriously a dumb fuck if you dont retake in October. Even a few more points could easily result in tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships. Of course, you will probably get into Georgia State either way.


I might consider this depending on my job situation

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: CHANCE ME! I cry at nite thinkin bout my chances

Postby Verity » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:41 pm

jgloster wrote:
Verity wrote:ITT, OP asks for advice on how to weasel into a TTT at sticker.

Don't go to law school.


GA State isn't TTT. It's ranked 60th. And Im not trying to weasel.
Nova wrote:If you really did score a 160 in Feb after consistently PTing @ ~170, you are seriously a dumb fuck if you dont retake in October. Even a few more points could easily result in tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships. Of course, you will probably get into Georgia State either way.


I might consider this depending on my job situation


You won't have a job situation if you go to GA state without dollars, partner. You'll be unemployed, swimming in debt, homeless and depressed. Do the smart thing and retake. Study your ass off, do whatever you can, and improve. Five more points gets you a lot of money, if not a full ride.

User avatar
jackattack17
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: CHANCE ME! I cry at nite thinkin bout my chances

Postby jackattack17 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:10 pm

jgloster wrote:
jackattack17 wrote:OP, are you a GA resident? That will be a significant boost for GA State as well.

But, if you really were PTing at 170 and only scored 160, and want to solidify your chances at GA State, you should retake. As above posters have said, you should have a very good shot if you get even a 163-164


on the georgia state website, it says residency doesn't matter. I wish it did tho.

Verity wrote:ITT, OP asks for advice on how to weasel into a TTT at sticker.

Don't go to law school.


GA State isn't TTT. It's ranked 60th. And Im not trying to weasel.
Nova wrote:If you really did score a 160 in Feb after consistently PTing @ ~170, you are seriously a dumb fuck if you dont retake in October. Even a few more points could easily result in tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships. Of course, you will probably get into Georgia State either way.


I might consider this depending on my job situation


They say they don't take residency into account, but 90% of the students are GA residents, and looking at borderline applicants on LSN, it seems that GA residents do get a bump. From personal experience, I was OOS, non-URM, but above both medians, and got "held" then rejected.

jgloster
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: CHANCE ME! I cry at nite thinkin bout my chances

Postby jgloster » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:37 pm

jackattack17 wrote:
jgloster wrote:
jackattack17 wrote:OP, are you a GA resident? That will be a significant boost for GA State as well.

But, if you really were PTing at 170 and only scored 160, and want to solidify your chances at GA State, you should retake. As above posters have said, you should have a very good shot if you get even a 163-164


on the georgia state website, it says residency doesn't matter. I wish it did tho.

Verity wrote:ITT, OP asks for advice on how to weasel into a TTT at sticker.

Don't go to law school.


GA State isn't TTT. It's ranked 60th. And Im not trying to weasel.
Nova wrote:If you really did score a 160 in Feb after consistently PTing @ ~170, you are seriously a dumb fuck if you dont retake in October. Even a few more points could easily result in tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships. Of course, you will probably get into Georgia State either way.


I might consider this depending on my job situation


They say they don't take residency into account, but 90% of the students are GA residents, and looking at borderline applicants on LSN, it seems that GA residents do get a bump. From personal experience, I was OOS, non-URM, but above both medians, and got "held" then rejected.


You applied to GA State? When

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: CHANCE ME! I cry at nite thinkin bout my chances

Postby Nova » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:41 am

jgloster wrote:
jackattack17 wrote:
They say they don't take residency into account, but 90% of the students are GA residents, and looking at borderline applicants on LSN, it seems that GA residents do get a bump. From personal experience, I was OOS, non-URM, but above both medians, and got "held" then rejected.


You applied to GA State? When


He applied this past cycle (2011-2012)




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest