URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby Teflon_Don » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 am

blackandstrong wrote:
Teflon_Don wrote:Is top 7 the best I'm gonna get?? I'm really happy with getting into Berk/UVA but I wanna fall in love with one of them and not think about getting into better! Ha. I'm a planner :( 3.96/169 MA


You'll be in HYS, Don. Guarantee that.


With an LSAT below all three medians?? Lol

User avatar
2013hopeful:D
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2013hopeful:D » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:39 am

Teflon_Don wrote:
blackandstrong wrote:
Teflon_Don wrote:Is top 7 the best I'm gonna get?? I'm really happy with getting into Berk/UVA but I wanna fall in love with one of them and not think about getting into better! Ha. I'm a planner :( 3.96/169 MA


You'll be in HYS, Don. Guarantee that.


With an LSAT below all three medians?? Lol


MA...your numbers... accepted to harvard... last year...youknowtoo... your a strong urm candidate. know this. head up. keep pushin. post your responses when they come in. you gotta encourage those who scored lower... not complain about being in the 96%...

comment made in encouragement. promise.

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby Teflon_Don » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:01 am

2013hopeful:D wrote:
Teflon_Don wrote:
blackandstrong wrote:
Teflon_Don wrote:Is top 7 the best I'm gonna get?? I'm really happy with getting into Berk/UVA but I wanna fall in love with one of them and not think about getting into better! Ha. I'm a planner :( 3.96/169 MA


You'll be in HYS, Don. Guarantee that.


With an LSAT below all three medians?? Lol


MA...your numbers... accepted to harvard... last year...youknowtoo... your a strong urm candidate. know this. head up. keep pushin. post your responses when they come in. you gotta encourage those who scored lower... not complain about being in the 96%...

comment made in encouragement. promise.



I gotcha. Thanks for the encouragement.

User avatar
efresh88
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby efresh88 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 pm

I received an email this morning from UVA inviting me to call the Dean of Admissions to talk about my application, I called and he asked me a couple questions regarding if I was still interested and if there was anything else admissions should know before they make their decision and then I was offered ADMISSION!!

He told me I was accepted and that I would be getting $60,000. It was a great conversation and he was SO nice. If you get this email definitely don't stress and just be honest. Best of luck to everyone!

3.87/165 URM MA

Complete: 11/2
Acceptance Email/Call: 12/12

jsjd1989
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby jsjd1989 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:32 pm

so great to hear everyone's stories. I'm still waiting on my first acceptance as well. 166, 3.7 PR... hoping it comes soon!

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby masked kavana » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:02 pm

So stoked!!! First acceptance this cycle is from cornell. 3.5/167 non-URM Latino

User avatar
efresh88
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby efresh88 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:10 pm

masked kavana wrote:So stoked!!! First acceptance this cycle is from cornell. 3.5/167 non-URM Latino


Congrats!

blackandstrong
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby blackandstrong » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:48 pm

jsjd1989 wrote:so great to hear everyone's stories. I'm still waiting on my first acceptance as well. 166, 3.7 PR... hoping it comes soon!


I'm following your cycle with interest. I think HYS is coming down the pike for you.

User avatar
2013hopeful:D
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2013hopeful:D » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Just got an email for a skype interview with HARVARD! so stoked. is this the same as a js1? isnt usually a call? idc. im going crazy!

User avatar
EttaJ
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby EttaJ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:07 pm

2013hopeful:D wrote:Just got an email for a skype interview with HARVARD! so stoked. is this the same as a js1? isnt usually a call? idc. im going crazy!


Congrats! Yes, this year Harvard will conduct JS1s by Skype as opposed to by phone. I wish you all the best for the interview. I'm sure you will do great!
Last edited by EttaJ on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsjd1989
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby jsjd1989 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm

blackandstrong wrote:
jsjd1989 wrote:so great to hear everyone's stories. I'm still waiting on my first acceptance as well. 166, 3.7 PR... hoping it comes soon!


I'm following your cycle with interest. I think HYS is coming down the pike for you.


thank you so much! I appreciate the vote of confidence! :) excited to see how this cycle turns out for everyone!

User avatar
2013hopeful:D
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2013hopeful:D » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:48 pm

EttaJ wrote:
2013hopeful:D wrote:Just got an email for a skype interview with HARVARD! so stoked. is this the same as a js1? isnt usually a call? idc. im going crazy!


Congrats! Yes, this year Harvard will conduct JS1s by Skype as opposed to by phone. I wish you best for the interview. I'm sure you will do great!


THANKS!

read2465
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby read2465 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:03 pm

...
Last edited by read2465 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackandstrong
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby blackandstrong » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:40 pm

2013hopeful:D wrote:Just got an email for a skype interview with HARVARD! so stoked. is this the same as a js1? isnt usually a call? idc. im going crazy!


You know you're getting into Harvard, right? Enjoy yourself.

User avatar
2013hopeful:D
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2013hopeful:D » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 pm

blackandstrong wrote:
2013hopeful:D wrote:Just got an email for a skype interview with HARVARD! so stoked. is this the same as a js1? isnt usually a call? idc. im going crazy!


You know you're getting into Harvard, right? Enjoy yourself.


haha! All fingers crossed, and all knuckles knocking on wood (including the the toe knuckles).

I am still wishing all the luck to everyone still waiting and sending out encouragement to those who doubt that things other than numbers matter. 164/3.96 aa male. with an early js1. You can do it too!

User avatar
2012applicant2013
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2012applicant2013 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:23 pm

JS1 today!!!!! I thought I was hallucinating

Applied 11/15
Complete 11/28

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby mommalee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Wormfather wrote:3.92/162 (may go up when dec scores are released).


Blanketed the T14 but I'm starting to get nervous, havnt heard anything...I dont have much money, but should I start borrow a couple of hundred and start spraying 15-25?


I doubt it, but if you do, I wouldn't apply much lower than Vandy/Texas. A couple acceptances might make you sleep easier

blackandstrong
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby blackandstrong » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Wormfather wrote:3.92/162 (may go up when dec scores are released).

Blanketed the T14 but I'm starting to get nervous, havnt heard anything...I dont have much money, but should I start borrow a couple of hundred and start spraying 15-25?


No. Calm down, Worm.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby danitt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Wormfather wrote:3.92/162 (may go up when dec scores are released).

Blanketed the T14 but I'm starting to get nervous, havnt heard anything...I dont have much money, but should I start borrow a couple of hundred and start spraying 15-25?

Worm lemme tell you something. I'm a reverse splitter and I let TLS convince me that I wouldn't have a chance at the T-14. I applied anyway for shits and giggles but ED'd to GWU because I hoped to maybe by some miracle get into a T-20 school. Now I'm in at UVA with money and really annoyed with myself for EDing to GWU. I said that to say this, your numbers are way higher than mine and if I can get in, surely you've got more than a shot.

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby mommalee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Wormfather wrote:
mommalee wrote:
Wormfather wrote:3.92/162 (may go up when dec scores are released).


Blanketed the T14 but I'm starting to get nervous, havnt heard anything...I dont have much money, but should I start borrow a couple of hundred and start spraying 15-25?


I doubt it, but if you do, I wouldn't apply much lower than Vandy/Texas. A couple acceptances might make you sleep easier


All I need is one...I'm starting to have faux panic attacks about not getting into law school.


I have one (Texas) and I am still frantically refreshing email/status checkers. You applied lateish right? Every time someone who went complete after gets a JS1 I lose a little hope. It's not about one acceptance, I think its about the one.

User avatar
2013hopeful:D
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2013hopeful:D » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 pm

2012applicant2013 wrote:JS1 today!!!!! I thought I was hallucinating

Applied 11/15
Complete 11/28


Congrats!!! When did you schedule yours?

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby mommalee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:30 pm

2013hopeful:D wrote:
2012applicant2013 wrote:JS1 today!!!!! I thought I was hallucinating

Applied 11/15
Complete 11/28


Congrats!!! When did you schedule yours?


Congrats to you both!

User avatar
2012applicant2013
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2012applicant2013 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:36 pm

2013hopeful:D wrote:
2012applicant2013 wrote:JS1 today!!!!! I thought I was hallucinating

Applied 11/15
Complete 11/28


Congrats!!! When did you schedule yours?


Monday morning. When is yours?
Last edited by 2012applicant2013 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
2013hopeful:D
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2013hopeful:D » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 pm

2012applicant2013 wrote:
2013hopeful:D wrote:
2012applicant2013 wrote:JS1 today!!!!! I thought I was hallucinating

Applied 11/15
Complete 11/28


Congrats!!! When did you schedule yours?


Monday morning PST. When is yours?


Same! good luck!

User avatar
2013hopeful:D
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2013hopeful:D » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:08 am

mommalee wrote:
2013hopeful:D wrote:
2012applicant2013 wrote:JS1 today!!!!! I thought I was hallucinating

Applied 11/15
Complete 11/28


Congrats!!! When did you schedule yours?


Congrats to you both!


Thank you! FYI I submitted the same day as efresquez88 who was admitted about 2 days ago and interview was about 2 weeks ago. So, no one count yourself out just yet. It is still early!




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests