URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby clouded.memory » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:48 pm

lawprospie wrote:Party at Stanford?

I think so. Congrats to everyone who's had good news today!

User avatar
d330
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby d330 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:51 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:AHHH!!! IN AT STANFORD VIA PHONE CALL!!! :D Finally cracked HYS and ecstatic beyond belief.


That's what's up. Congratulations.

User avatar
GW1010
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby GW1010 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:59 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:AHHH!!! IN AT STANFORD VIA PHONE CALL!!! :D Finally cracked HYS and ecstatic beyond belief.


YES!!!!!!!! Congrats bro! Worst case scenario is that you'll go to law school in paradise! :D

User avatar
dawyzest1
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby dawyzest1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:01 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:AHHH!!! IN AT STANFORD VIA PHONE CALL!!! :D Finally cracked HYS and ecstatic beyond belief.


Congrats sir!!! I'm so glad to see you get some great news.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks everyone! I definitely needed this positive news after getting WLed at Harvard last week. And to think, I probably wouldn't have even applied to Stanford had it not been for the TLS community. I feel indebted to everyone here for the great advice I've received.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby txdude45 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:37 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:Thanks everyone! I definitely needed this positive news after getting WLed at Harvard last week. And to think, I probably wouldn't have even applied to Stanford had it not been for the TLS community. I feel indebted to everyone here for the great advice I've received.


Congrats on getting in dude! That's freaking awesome!

Did your email change beforehand, or did you not check/notice?

User avatar
bosmer88
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby bosmer88 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Big congratulations on Stanford guys! You guys have killed it! :mrgreen:

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:26 pm

dawyzest1 wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:AHHH!!! IN AT STANFORD VIA PHONE CALL!!! :D Finally cracked HYS and ecstatic beyond belief.


Congrats sir!!! I'm so glad to see you get some great news.

User avatar
Gamine
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby Gamine » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 pm

All this good news is amazing!!! Congrats to all new acceptances and interview invites!

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby facile princeps » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:00 pm

facile princeps wrote:That's wassup. Congrats clouded.memory, HankBashir, and jsjd1989!

ETA: ...and txdude. Damn, so much good news I can't keep up.

...And PRGrad. Keep it coming. I have unlimited edits/posts of congrats left, and I feed off your excitement.

User avatar
Aporia88
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby Aporia88 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Wow, so much good news since I last checked this thread. Serious congrats everyone, y'all are beasts! :D

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

txdude45 wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:Thanks everyone! I definitely needed this positive news after getting WLed at Harvard last week. And to think, I probably wouldn't have even applied to Stanford had it not been for the TLS community. I feel indebted to everyone here for the great advice I've received.


Congrats on getting in dude! That's freaking awesome!

Did your email change beforehand, or did you not check/notice?


Nah, I got the HLS WL email right away... trust me. Haha. That was a dark moment for me, albeit an expected one. BTW, I just noticed on your LSN that we've had really similar cycles (well, at least with wait lists)!

facile princeps wrote:
facile princeps wrote:That's wassup. Congrats clouded.memory, HankBashir, and jsjd1989!

ETA: ...and txdude. Damn, so much good news I can't keep up.

...And PRGrad. Keep it coming. I have unlimited edits/posts of congrats left, and I feed off your excitement.


And thank you!

User avatar
2013hopeful:D
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby 2013hopeful:D » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:40 pm

.

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby jcan91 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 am

Hey guys!

HUUUUGGGGGEEEE congrats to the new Stanford admits and to everybody honestly!!! We are so awesome. As the good news train pulls in I just figured I'd add my 2 cents. I got a full ride to NYU and have officially decided that that's where I'll be in the fall!

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby facile princeps » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 am

jcan91 wrote:Hey guys!

HUUUUGGGGGEEEE congrats to the new Stanford admits and to everybody honestly!!! We are so awesome. As the good news train pulls in I just figured I'd add my 2 cents. I got a full ride to NYU and have officially decided that that's where I'll be in the fall!

No congrats... I envy you :lol: j/k. That's pretty sweet. I think if I had gotten that offer, being a New Yorker and all, I would have easily taken it over sticker anywhere else. Glad to see your cycle ending on such a high note.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:44 am

jcan91 wrote:Hey guys!

HUUUUGGGGGEEEE congrats to the new Stanford admits and to everybody honestly!!! We are so awesome. As the good news train pulls in I just figured I'd add my 2 cents. I got a full ride to NYU and have officially decided that that's where I'll be in the fall!


A full ride to NYU? That's phenomenal! Congrats to you, too!

User avatar
Gamine
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby Gamine » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:22 pm

jcan91 wrote:Hey guys!

HUUUUGGGGGEEEE congrats to the new Stanford admits and to everybody honestly!!! We are so awesome. As the good news train pulls in I just figured I'd add my 2 cents. I got a full ride to NYU and have officially decided that that's where I'll be in the fall!


Congratulations! :)

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby Lighthouseman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Congrats everybody! 95% sure I'll be at Stanford next year and couldn't be happier!

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby HankBashir » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Lighthouseman wrote:Congrats everybody! 95% sure I'll be at Stanford next year and couldn't be happier!

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby jcan91 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks you guys!!! It was allll thanks to TLS!

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Gamine wrote:
jcan91 wrote:Hey guys!

HUUUUGGGGGEEEE congrats to the new Stanford admits and to everybody honestly!!! We are so awesome. As the good news train pulls in I just figured I'd add my 2 cents. I got a full ride to NYU and have officially decided that that's where I'll be in the fall!


Congratulations! :)


+1. I would kill for your cycle. You must have some ridiculous sorts to be killing this cycle the way you have :D . Again, congratulations.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:04 pm

HankBashir wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:Congrats everybody! 95% sure I'll be at Stanford next year and couldn't be happier!


Same here! It'll be fun to meet you guys.

jcan91 wrote:Thanks you guys!!! It was allll thanks to TLS!


No kidding. I can't even express in words how much TLS has helped me. I've been recommending it to all my friends who are thinking about law school.

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby clouded.memory » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
HankBashir wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:Congrats everybody! 95% sure I'll be at Stanford next year and couldn't be happier!


Same here! It'll be fun to meet you guys.

jcan91 wrote:Thanks you guys!!! It was allll thanks to TLS!


No kidding. I can't even express in words how much TLS has helped me. I've been recommending it to all my friends who are thinking about law school.

+1. This website and community is one of the greatest things that's happened to me. So thankful for it and everyone here! I wouldn't have applied to even half the schools I did had it not been for TLS.

And as a side note, I can't wait to get to meet some of you on Friday!

User avatar
GW1010
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby GW1010 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 pm

clouded.memory wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
HankBashir wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:Congrats everybody! 95% sure I'll be at Stanford next year and couldn't be happier!


Same here! It'll be fun to meet you guys.

jcan91 wrote:Thanks you guys!!! It was allll thanks to TLS!


No kidding. I can't even express in words how much TLS has helped me. I've been recommending it to all my friends who are thinking about law school.

+1. This website and community is one of the greatest things that's happened to me. So thankful for it and everyone here! I wouldn't have applied to even half the schools I did had it not been for TLS.

And as a side note, I can't wait to get to meet some of you on Friday!


Gahhh I really wish I could make it to ASW, sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Have fun guys!

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: URM 2012-2013 Cycle... let's go!

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 pm

GW1010 wrote:Gahhh I really wish I could make it to ASW, sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Have fun guys!


I also regret not being able to go, as it would be awesome to meet everyone. It was really short notice for me, but in all honesty, I'm already very sold on Stanford. They're the obvious front-runners for me!




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests