Am I a URM? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: Am I a URM?

Post by vanwinkle » Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:As a black guy I actually hate the way it is currently administered but I know you're not going to change opinions esp. not on a message board like TLS. I can't knock anyone's hustle, no matter how morally repugnant I find various practices (some mentioned in this thread), people like GAIA and Vanwinkle are right according to the BLL.
Gaia and I try to give valid advice, which is tell people how things currently work. We both know we're right, because we've both lived it and talked to so many others who have also.

TLS generally forbids AA debates in the on-topic forums, for the reason you just mentioned. No minds will be changed here, it will just flame people. I argue only to the extent that I'm clarifying what the policy is. The why is an argument for another forum. I find a lot of things repugnant in life, and would probably agree with you on some, but debating or agreeing with you about that wouldn't give OP any help.

You get me, I think, on this; I'm just backing you up.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”