... Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Tom Joad

Gold

Re: Lied about race...accepted to t-10. now what?

Post by Tom Joad » Fri May 11, 2012 1:22 am

minnbills wrote:
Neatrends wrote:
minnbills wrote:I'd say if you've never identified with that group, it wouldn't be right.
How can someone identify with a group they didnt know they were a part of until a couple of weeks ago?

Even if C&F did notice a discrepancy (Identified as mexican for law school, now identifying as mexican and black) the fact that knowledge of their black heritage wasn't acquired until after applying to law school would explain things more than sufficiently.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the purpose of affirmative action was to help traditionally disadvantaged communities, if someone's never been a part of that community I don't think it would be right to suddenly identify with it for the purpose of improving your chances at admission.

GAIA's right that it's legit in the sense that you won't get in trouble for it, but to me it seems like taking advantage.
I don't know if anybody knows if there is exactly one reason for AA in admissions. Firms want diverse associates and law schools try to snag highly qualified, diverse applicants.

dresden doll

Platinum

Re: Lied about race...accepted to t-10. now what?

Post by dresden doll » Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 am

nmop_apisdn wrote:
I'm 1/8th black. (great grandpa is black). I did not find this out until two weeks ago, as my family was all at the hospital for my dad, and my grandma told me then.

I still don't believe the one drop rule is TCR. Can anyone verify?
You are so royally obnoxious. Just to preempt any further pestering, go google Anna Ivey and start reading.

Gold

Re: [close thread]

Post by 20121109 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:54 am

Just as I thought. Troll.

Thread locked.

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”