Howard VS Pre Nursing?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
charle007

Howard VS Pre Nursing?

Postby charle007 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Hey guys i was accepted to Howard and now i'm strongly considering Nursing career. I will be paying sticker price for Howard, I am an AA F with 152/ 2.9 GPA. Having anxiety issues over law prospects after Law vs RN careers after Nursing school and Nursing seems less like a gamble? Am i just freeking out?

twenty

Re: Howard VS Pre Nursing?

Postby twenty » Tue May 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Law school and nursing are night and day differences. Make sure you know what you really want -- take a year off if you need to. Even better, take a year off and consider retaking (twice?) the LSAT to bump it up to at least a 162, and you'll start to see scholarship offers.

You can always come back to law school later -- it's not going anywhere.

LSAT>LDAC

Postby LSAT>LDAC » Mon May 21, 2012 12:03 am

You're just freaking out, go to Howard.

siriuslysaucy422

Postby siriuslysaucy422 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey OP,

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I think you should really sit down and consider why you would choose law or nursing. Job security is a huge factor. If you're choosing nursing just for the money and not really because you think you can make a career out of the profession, then I think you might be setting yourself for future regret.

If studying and practicing law in whatever capacity is something that really motivates you and you can see yourself doing for many years in the future, then go for it and don't second guess yourself. Just my .02 cents.

Would you mind PMing me about your application process to Howard? I will be applying to law school in the Fall 2013 and would really like some advice from female, minority students. Thanks and good luck

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:39 pm

Howard.

Law>>>>>>>>>Nursing.

LSAT>LDAC

Postby LSAT>LDAC » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:40 pm

+1

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:41 am

Don't rush into a decision now. Paying sticker is a huge commitment and you're, rightly, questioning whether this is a reasonable choice to make. If you don't listen to your heart and rush into something you're not sure you want, you will absolutely regret it. Law school will still be here a year from now, and in the meantime maybe you could improve on your LSAT and get a substantial scholarship.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”