Cornell Waiving Application Fee and Deadline

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
chw123

Cornell Waiving Application Fee and Deadline

Postby chw123 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Anyone else receive the packet in the mail from Cornell waiving the application fee and deadline, while "strongly encouraging you to apply"? I applied a couple days ago for shits-n-gigs, but why would they spend time and money soliciting an application when I'm clearly below their numbers? Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to go there, I just didn't apply originally because I thought I had a snowball's chance for admission.

rinkrat19

Re: Cornell Waiving Application Fee and Deadline

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:37 pm

chw123 wrote:Anyone else receive the packet in the mail from Cornell waiving the application fee and deadline, while "strongly encouraging you to apply"? I applied a couple days ago for shits-n-gigs, but why would they spend time and money soliciting an application when I'm clearly below their numbers? Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to go there, I just didn't apply originally because I thought I had a snowball's chance for admission.

They want more apps to reject and bring up their selectivity numbers.

chw123

Postby chw123 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:39 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
chw123 wrote:Anyone else receive the packet in the mail from Cornell waiving the application fee and deadline, while "strongly encouraging you to apply"? I applied a couple days ago for shits-n-gigs, but why would they spend time and money soliciting an application when I'm clearly below their numbers? Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to go there, I just didn't apply originally because I thought I had a snowball's chance for admission.

Well I guess they got what they wanted :roll:

Trips

Postby Trips » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 pm

chw123 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Hey, I'd apply to any reach school that gives a fee waiver. Whats the worst that could happen? You can only gain from the situation.

chw123

Postby chw123 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Trips wrote:
chw123 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Hey, I'd apply to any reach school that gives a fee waiver. Whats the worst that could happen? You can only gain from the situation.

I 100% agree with you, what are they gonna do? Turn me down? Then I'm still in the same situation I'm in now. My theory is there is a 100% chance that you won't be going to a school if you don't apply.

LadyDiabolyn

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:52 am

Last edited by LadyDiabolyn on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

thatgirlthere

Postby thatgirlthere » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:01 pm

I was below their numbers, received a fee waiver, applied, and was accepted. You never know, and don’t have much to lose.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:01 pm

ugh, and I paid the full fee and was rejected. :evil:

wiglaf1228

Postby wiglaf1228 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 am

rinkrat19 wrote:

This is true. WashU does this too. It's extremely underhanded. I wouldn't go to any school that does this. Especially one located in Ithaca.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon May 14, 2012 9:07 am

Are you NA ? If so, then you have a good chance even with your LSAT score.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”