Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     Forum Archives     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LSAT Score needed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 pm 

I'm currently enrolled in Blue Print's LSAT prep class and I have a 3.4+ GPA. At the moment I'm Vice President of my fraternity(historically African American) and soon to be President.I also have work experience(nothing major) and other leadership experiences on campus. What LSAT do i need to get into Harvard/Yale or Columbia?

Post subject: Re: LSAT Score needed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:20 pm 

Blueprint is great! :) Clearly, we all would like a 180 but you should really just focus on studying hard and getting the best score possible. I know personally 4 URMs at either Harvard or Yale and their scores ranged from 158-172. The 158 did have amazingggg softs though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:20 pm 

QuincyWagstaff wrote:

TCR.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:27 pm 

I don't know what "TCR" means? Yeah I'm going to really focus on the LSAT as much as possible because I plan on only taking it once

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 pm 

SuperCool23 wrote:
I don't know what "TCR" means? Yeah I'm going to really focus on the LSAT as much as possible because I plan on only taking it once

it means "the credited response"

Take a look at URM cycles on LSN to give you a good idea

They can vary a lot, but a higher LSAT never NEVER hurts. More schollies=joy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:42 pm 

Honestly, I'd set your sights a little lower. Y is basically not happening, Harvard/Columbia you're going to have a nearly impossible time with a 3.4, even as a URM. Someone on LSN said they got in at H with a 3.4 and a 16x, but I'd bet you dollars to donuts this is a fake profile.

You'll probably be hit and miss at Michigan on down. If you have a year or two of work experience, you might get Northwestern. Your chances go up drastically for all these schools, and maybe even NYU, with a 170+ LSAT.

Work your damned hardest on getting your UGPA up, because that's what holding you back here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 pm 

I think you can get into H, if you get a 170+, have a good softs and essays....I think there was a urm who got into harvard last cycle with a 3.3 and 170....i'm not saying its the norm but it is possible.