HARVARD HOPEFUL!

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby Aqua » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:20 pm

The anticipation is killing me and I feel the URM situation may not be as bleak as the regular applicant thread suggests?

At any rate, wanted to create a space for aspiring members of the class of 2015 to share wisdom and experience. And, of course, to rant as often as needed.

Good luck y'all! :)

User avatar
boosk
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby boosk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 pm

are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 pm

boosk wrote:are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.


Still waiting. I applied pretty late in the cycle, though. Mind if I ask for your stats? Any news? I'm trying to stay hopeful! Just thinking they are waiting a bit to admit most URMs.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby FryBreadPower » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:42 pm

boosk wrote:are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.


Making me feel bad for not submitting any of the above. :(

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:44 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
boosk wrote:are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.


Making me feel bad for not submitting any of the above. :(


aw, were u rejected? if not, it's not too late!!!

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby FryBreadPower » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Aqua wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
boosk wrote:are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.


Making me feel bad for not submitting any of the above. :(


aw, were u rejected? if not, it's not too late!!!


I was held. But I don't have another source for a LOR and I don't consider my current employment as significant enough to push my already full one page resume to a 1.5 page resume. So a LOCI would seem a little strange (pretty much - "I WANT TO GO TO YOUR SCHOOL"). I have read that a letter like this would be entirely unnecessary.

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:47 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
Aqua wrote:I was held. But I don't have another source for a LOR and I don't consider my current employment as significant enough to push my already full one page resume to a 1.5 page resume. So a LOCI would seem a little strange (pretty much - "I WANT TO GO TO YOUR SCHOOL"). I have read that a letter like this would be entirely unnecessary.


congrats on being held! mind PMing me when you applied/stats?

User avatar
boosk
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby boosk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Aqua wrote:
boosk wrote:are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.


Still waiting. I applied pretty late in the cycle, though. Mind if I ask for your stats? Any news? I'm trying to stay hopeful! Just thinking they are waiting a bit to admit most URMs.


165/3.57 MA, still waiting in the held pile...

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby Aqua » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Good luck to everyone! Sending out some positive vibes

JF215
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby JF215 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Looks like at least one URM just got a JR1 from the hold pile.

Aqua
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Postby Aqua » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:05 pm

JF215 wrote:Looks like at least one URM just got a JR1 from the hold pile.


yup. here's hoping for more movement this week!




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests