HARVARD HOPEFUL! Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Aqua

New

HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Post by Aqua » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:20 pm

The anticipation is killing me and I feel the URM situation may not be as bleak as the regular applicant thread suggests?

At any rate, wanted to create a space for aspiring members of the class of 2015 to share wisdom and experience. And, of course, to rant as often as needed.

Good luck y'all! :)

boosk

Bronze

Re: HARVARD HOPEFUL!

Post by boosk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 pm

are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.

Aqua

New

Post by Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 pm

boosk wrote:are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.
Still waiting. I applied pretty late in the cycle, though. Mind if I ask for your stats? Any news? I'm trying to stay hopeful! Just thinking they are waiting a bit to admit most URMs.

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:42 pm

boosk wrote:are you held or still waiting on a response? I submitted back in September and got held with the first batch on January 9th, sent in an updated resum, loci, and another lor.
Making me feel bad for not submitting any of the above. :(

Aqua

New

Post by Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:44 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
aw, were u rejected? if not, it's not too late!!!

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Aqua wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:
aw, were u rejected? if not, it's not too late!!!
I was held. But I don't have another source for a LOR and I don't consider my current employment as significant enough to push my already full one page resume to a 1.5 page resume. So a LOCI would seem a little strange (pretty much - "I WANT TO GO TO YOUR SCHOOL"). I have read that a letter like this would be entirely unnecessary.

Aqua

New

Post by Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:47 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
Aqua wrote:I was held. But I don't have another source for a LOR and I don't consider my current employment as significant enough to push my already full one page resume to a 1.5 page resume. So a LOCI would seem a little strange (pretty much - "I WANT TO GO TO YOUR SCHOOL"). I have read that a letter like this would be entirely unnecessary.
congrats on being held! mind PMing me when you applied/stats?

boosk

Bronze

Post by boosk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Aqua wrote:
Still waiting. I applied pretty late in the cycle, though. Mind if I ask for your stats? Any news? I'm trying to stay hopeful! Just thinking they are waiting a bit to admit most URMs.
165/3.57 MA, still waiting in the held pile...

Aqua

New

Post by Aqua » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Good luck to everyone! Sending out some positive vibes

JF215

New

Post by JF215 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Looks like at least one URM just got a JR1 from the hold pile.

Aqua

New

Post by Aqua » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:05 pm

JF215 wrote:Looks like at least one URM just got a JR1 from the hold pile.
yup. here's hoping for more movement this week!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”