Low GPA Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Sony

New

Low GPA

Post by Sony » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 pm

My GPA is a 2.6, I joined my state's Army national guard right after graduation and got back from training a few weeks before the February LSAT so I didn't have ample amount of time to prep for the exam. I took the LSAT, but I'm not confident about my score. My highest practice test was a 147.

I am registered for the June test, taking a prep course and studying individually on a daily basis now. I am considered "URM" (African, or AA whichever works) The school I want to attend (Howard) does not accept June scores. Is it possible to convince them to accept my June score in the event my Feb score is not up to par? My 2nd choice is University of Baltimore and they accept the June scores since their deadline isn't until July.

Also my GPA history is below. I am having a hard time explaining it on an addendum.

I have been reading the topics here for sometime. You guys seem to give pretty good advice most of the time, so I ma hoping I can get some help here.

Thanks in advance!

GirlStop

Bronze

Re: Low GPA

Post by GirlStop » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Your decision to attend law school seems rushed (you aren't confident about your score, the school you want to attend won't accept the score from a test administration you will undoubtedly be more prepared for)-- is waiting to apply for next cycle absolutely out the of question?

Your low GPA needs to be offset by a good LSAT score-- it doesn't seem like you would be playing your cards rights if you applied for this fall.

NoJob

Bronze

Re: Low GPA

Post by NoJob » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:20 pm

don't do it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”