U of GA BLSA? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ClassyKelly

New

U of GA BLSA?

Post by ClassyKelly » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:55 am

I've noticed that few, if any, U of GA BLSA members comment on TLS. I'd like to know how prominent the organization is on campus, more about the network/career events, etc. How large and influential is the BLSA alumni network? General environment for BLS at U of GA...

If you know any U of GA BLSA members encourage them to comment, please and thanks!

iShotFirst

Bronze

Re: U of GA BLSA?

Post by iShotFirst » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Im not a member of BLSA nor an African-American student, so I cant answer about the alumni and everything since I'm not a member, but this is the general impression of the org among non-members:

the BLSA is pretty prominent and respected on campus. They really help their members. For example, last year they intensively trained people for one of the oral argument competitions and their members did very well. Bizarrely, some people have complained that the organization helps their members TOO much (this complaint was totally disregarded by administration). They have a ton of events and also hold the license for producing official UGA Law branded apparel. Extremely active. They also have a program which I believe takes place the week before classes start that help people get acclimatized to law school.

ClassyKelly

New

Re: U of GA BLSA?

Post by ClassyKelly » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:05 am

iShotFirst wrote:Im not a member of BLSA nor an African-American student, so I cant answer about the alumni and everything since I'm not a member, but this is the general impression of the org among non-members:

the BLSA is pretty prominent and respected on campus. They really help their members. For example, last year they intensively trained people for one of the oral argument competitions and their members did very well. Bizarrely, some people have complained that the organization helps their members TOO much (this complaint was totally disregarded by administration). They have a ton of events and also hold the license for producing official UGA Law branded apparel. Extremely active. They also have a program which I believe takes place the week before classes start that help people get acclimatized to law school.

Thanks for your response! Very helpful...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”