What could my chances be?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
jcan91

What could my chances be?

Postby jcan91 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 pm

So I'm a junior at an ivy and don't worry this isn't explicitly a chances thread because I know that's way too preemptive. I recently re-decided that law (specifically medical law) is something I really want to get into. My current GPA is a 3.1 (had a horrible start to freshman year - crawling up from a 2.4) which should slowly continue to climb judging from some of the grades i got back this semester. I took the free practice lsat back in August or so without ever really seeing what the lsat was like and I got a 156. Obviously these aren't the numbers I intend to stick with, so what I'm asking is:

1. How much can I realistically hope to improve in time for the June LSAT?
2. If by chance my gpa doesn't end up being higher than say, 3.2, by the time I'm ready to apply next year, what kind of lsat score should I be aiming for to have a shot at the t14?

(AA female - Caribbean immigrant if that matters)

Thanks!

Eirhoff73

Re: What could my chances be?

Postby Eirhoff73 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:39 pm

jcan91 wrote:So I'm a junior at an ivy and don't worry this isn't explicitly a chances thread because I know that's way too preemptive. I recently re-decided that law (specifically medical law) is something I really want to get into. My current GPA is a 3.1 (had a horrible start to freshman year - crawling up from a 2.4) which should slowly continue to climb judging from some of the grades i got back this semester. I took the free practice lsat back in August or so without ever really seeing what the lsat was like and I got a 156. Obviously these aren't the numbers I intend to stick with, so what I'm asking is:

1. How much can I realistically hope to improve in time for the June LSAT?
2. If by chance my gpa doesn't end up being higher than say, 3.2, by the time I'm ready to apply next year, what kind of lsat score should I be aiming for to have a shot at the t14?

(AA female - Caribbean immigrant if that matters)

Thanks!

Consider a real ASS BUSTING term this semester. Also, get as much LSAT help that you can. That's all I really have to say.

Good luck!

jcan91

Re: What could my chances be?

Postby jcan91 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:44 pm

Definitely going to be doing that. My ass will be busted by the end of spring. I also plan to get on the LSAT study train asap. I'm having a lot of financial problems though. Do there happen to be any really cheap but very good study materials out there I can get started with? (already went through the logic posts on the lsat prep part of the site and they were pretty enlightening).

Thanks again.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”