Applying too late? MA female with 3.72 GPA

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
thesoccerlily

Applying too late? MA female with 3.72 GPA

Postby thesoccerlily » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:18 am

MA, female
3.72 LSAC GPA at Tier I undergrad
Waiting on December LSAT, choked on Oct. LSAT and had to cancel

Before the Dec. LSAT I was testing in the high 160s as opposed to the high 150s in Oct.

Sending applications out as soon as I get my LSAT score. I'm wondering how much I'm hindering my chances by applying this late in the game. Also, is it possible to apply for the AnBryce without an LSAT score? NYU is one of my top choices, but paying for it could prove to be quite difficult without extra money.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

JamMasterJ

Re: Applying too late? MA female with 3.72 GPA

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:36 am

you would definitely be in a far better position next September/October, but if you end up getting in somewhere strong compared to your numbers, you should go. Otherwise, reapply

thesoccerlily

Postby thesoccerlily » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks for the reply JamMasterJ. Since I don't have an LSAT score yet, should I just sit on my apps until I receive the score?

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:53 pm

thesoccerlily wrote:Thanks for the reply JamMasterJ. Since I don't have an LSAT score yet, should I just sit on my apps until I receive the score?

I'd say yes, wait. There is no reason to pay the application/processing fee now in the event you didn't do as well as you would like to and your application is held until the LSAT score comes in anyway.

thesoccerlily

Postby thesoccerlily » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Just got my score back, a disappointing 159, which is what I was scoring on October PTs. Don't know how that happened...

Should I just sit this cycle out?

Manhattanman

Postby Manhattanman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Hey, don't know your situation but I think if you sat out, studied your ass off, and took the test in June you would destroy it. If that happens and you send your apps first week of September your looking at some premium schools. Also you may end up getting a scholarship and saving 100 grand.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”