Critique my DS? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
darnelld

New

Critique my DS?

Post by darnelld » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Last edited by darnelld on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

NomNom

Bronze

Re: Critique my DS?

Post by NomNom » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:23 pm

How does this relate to law school?

Ohiobumpkin

Silver

Post by Ohiobumpkin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:29 pm

You don't seem to have a conclusion. You should say something about how your experience as a biracial individual will add to your experience at law school.

darnelld

New

Post by darnelld » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Ohiobumpkin wrote:You don't seem to have a conclusion. You should say something about how your experience as a biracial individual will add to your experience at law school.
I understand what you're saying, but am not quite sure how to go about it. First, as written it is exactly only page, which I understand to be the desired length for diversity statements. Second, I feel that if I added something it would need to be along the lines of "I feel that these experiences would allow me to add a unique perspective to so and so law school". That just feels cheap to me.

Thoughts?

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:09 am

"When I was a kid my father drank a lot...he was never around. I was afraid to stay home by myself. I did it anyway. The end."

Do you see how the story can be compelling and yet tell you nothing? Nothing cheap about a conclusion.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”